DannyStewart.com Forums

DannyStewart.com Forums (https://forums.dannystewart.com/index.php)
-   Ask Dominic Glynn (https://forums.dannystewart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   In the whole of Doctor Who, new and old (https://forums.dannystewart.com/showthread.php?t=9193)

Superkid11 July 11, 2008 9:05 PM

In the whole of Doctor Who, new and old

Here's a rather predictable question but something that hasn't been yet asked and I've been very curious about. In the whole of Doctor Who, old series and new series combined, what is your favorite episode out of all the ones that you've seen?

Dominic Glynn July 28, 2008 8:35 PM

Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.

Danny Stewart August 3, 2008 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn (Post 51146)
Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.

Your favorites are inspiring, sir. You have damn fine taste in Doctor Who episodes, and I agree with you on all your picks. :D

I'm envious of your ability to remember any of Evil of the Daleks. From what I know it was brilliant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Britton (Post 51147)
Whats your view on Trial of a Time Lord then?

I'm curious about this as well.

Dr. Videoman June 16, 2009 12:05 PM

You really do have a good taste for doctor stories.

freddiedalladay June 28, 2010 3:46 PM

Quote:

Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)

Oh, The Mind Robber... That was the first ever episode I watched when I was 3... Those toy soldiers had me in tears with fright!

Quote:

Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.

The Deadly Assassin! Great story! I'm quite partial to the pipe organ pieces played in the Panopticon (I want to hear my all time favourite Toccata and Fugue in D Minor at some point in Doctor Who).