View Single Post
Old March 26, 2007, 2:14 PM
The Moonlit Door (Offline)

Well that's brilliant to have a dialogue with Glynn himself.

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Probably my best one is titled "The Zero Room," … Dominic Glynn called this version "most impressive - moody and classy" when I shared it with him several months ago.
Yeah, it's got much more mystery about it than some synthesized versions. They tend to drain all that a bit, but you've managed to keep it in this and all of the other ones here.

…The McCulloch one is also a more loose recreation than the other two because I'm no great fan of Keff McCulloch or any of his work.
If the tinny sound of that theme could be toned right down, it would sound so much better, because underneath that it's mysterious and quirky and potentially a really good theme. There was a theme on Whomix a year or two ago blending all the official TV themes together and the version on that sounded completely different. It was much lower and fatter and it sounded amazing. If only someone could do that with the whole thing.

The reason the Glynn one sounds a fair bit better than the other two (at least in my opinion) is because I worked closely with Dominic Glynn himself to create it. His advice and assistance was invaluable in perfecting many of the sounds, and it's my proudest recreation to date.
Yes, some of the sounds are extremely close to what he did. Actually, is it true he only had a few days to produce his version of the theme?