View Single Post
Old March 27, 2007, 1:04 PM
The Moonlit Door (Offline)

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
I understand. Keff has a lot going on in his theme, much of which sounds cool. Sadly, it's the main instruments (bass and lead) that let it down, not its backing.
Yes.

As you may or may not know, the Dominic Glynn opening and closing themes have sadly never been commercially released in any capacity, even though all the other themes (including various opening and closing edits) have surfaced over the years. I asked him about that too, and he said:
Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn
Don't ask me why they weren't made available - ask the BBC!! I hope they will be available soon. Moves are afoot to put together some releases of old Dr Who music which hopefully will include them
However, I am fortunate enough to have heard Dom's original recordings of the full opening and closing themes. They sound truly astounding -- much better than anything that was ever heard on TV. Dom has requested that I keep to myself on this, but take my word for it -- his themes are much better than the televised broadcasts (or even VHS releases) would indicate!
That's fantastic. Well let's hope the BBC does get in touch with him for the masters and releases them along with all the other themes.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; April 15, 2007 at 12:18 AM