View Single Post
Old November 11, 2007, 4:47 AM
The Moonlit Door (Offline)

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Definitely -- the sting is probably my favorite part of the mix as well. It's possible that the only reason he changed it was to conform to the existing visuals for the titles; the reversed sting doesn't work too well with the graphics that were forced on him.
No, I've just played it alongside the titles and it doesn't go at all.

He told me once that it was very restricting to have to create a new theme that conformed with graphics that were already made and polished -- I can definitely understand that!
Yes, quite. Peter Howell and Sid Sutton were able to collaborate more because they were doing the music and the titles at the same time.

His original melody does sound slightly different to his final theme, but it still comes out sounding a bit thin. Of course I don't mean to insult his original demo theme! I really loved quite a few of the ideas in there, and I thought they deserved a chance to shine, which is why I did the remix in the first place. Dom totally gets all the credit here.
Yes, exactly, it's a demo after all. Just a summary of where he wanted to take the theme.

I only have about a million of my own versions scattered around various hard drives throughout my house. Admittedly, many of them are unfinished, but there are quite a few that I've done that do not rely on any samples or other versions. I'll try and post a couple for you when I can.
That'd be great. Murray Gold's version is starting to sound very stale these days…(!)