View Single Post
Old April 14, 2008, 1:48 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn View Post
Ok here's my episode...all takes place in the Tardis.
I've always loved the idea of an entire episode (or at least significant portions of it) taking place entirely within the TARDIS. The only time we've really explored that was way back in the Hartnell era with "The Edge of Destruction." Unfortunately, Russell T Davies has gone on the record saying that he makes it a policy that the TARDIS should only be a means of getting from point A to point B and never become the plot itself -- a policy I wholeheartedly disagree with. I think the TARDIS can facilitate some absolutely amazing stories, without just being a mode of transport.

Whatever happened to the Tardis being MASSIVE inside, not just a control room?
What I find most troubling is the fact that after four years we still haven't even seen a door leading out of the control room.

Something weird happens to the Tardis - The Doctor and companion get lost somehow in the depths of of the Tardis. With each successive room they make their way into, things just get WEIRDER. I guess it's some kind of malfunction and somehow, it tries to attack the Doctor.
Obviously in its very early stages, but it sounds like a terrific idea for a plot. Would this be related or separate to your earlier idea about a scary story involving the Tomb/Wheel-era Cybermen?

I haven't thought this through really, but someone ought to get writing....
I've felt like writing a Doctor Who story lately. Maybe I'll get cracking on this. Care to help me refine the plot a bit once I get to that point?

First things first -- which Doctor do you envisage, and with which companion(s)?

Oh, and can I do the music please?
Once we get RTD and Murray off the new series and get it turned into an episode, of course you can!