View Single Post
Old March 26, 2007, 12:31 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

How unfortunate! I go away for a weekend and then people start discussing the Doctor Who theme. What timing...

I've done a number of arrangements of the Doctor Who theme that use no samples whatsoever. Probably my best one is titled "The Zero Room," produced entirely on the Arturia CS-80V software synthesizer a little over a year ago now. I've just uploaded it to the site, and you can listen to it here. Dominic Glynn called this version "most impressive - moody and classy" when I shared it with him several months ago.

EDIT: I've uploaded another version I did (again without samples). This one is called "The Lost Dimension" and is available here. I finished this one a couple months after "The Zero Room." Dom called this one a "really impressive laid back, ambient, chill out version."

EDIT 2: While I'm at it, here's my Howell, Glynn, and McCulloch theme recreations. Bear in mind these are several months old and were never finished to my satisfaction! The McCulloch one is also a more loose recreation than the other two because I'm no great fan of Keff McCulloch or any of his work. I've been meaning to go back and at least tweak these considerably if not start them over from scratch. (No samples in these either!) The reason the Glynn one sounds a fair bit better than the other two (at least in my opinion) is because I worked closely with Dominic Glynn himself to create it. His advice and assistance was invaluable in perfecting many of the sounds, and it's my proudest recreation to date.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; March 26, 2007 at 12:57 AM