View Single Post
Old February 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Originally Posted by Ross Hendrie View Post
Err, what about Sicily, Normandy(Pegasus Bridge etc...), Arnhem, Battle of the Bulge, Crossing of the Rhine? Not much of an Airborne? That's slightly damning, it certainly did.
A good point i did miss, In fact i have corrected it now and it allowed me to bring up the point that EA seem to enjoy drumming out anything which was not the US Army or the German Army, while CoD make the rather nice point of showing the war from as many different sides and perspectives as possible. No disrespect to the US or the Germans but it was a World War. I know EA have featured Britain but they seem to have forgotten they had an Airbourne to.

thats one reason i liked CoD 3 a lot, as you were playing in no less then 4 different nations, i was particularly impressed to see the Canadians and the Polish, perspectives I had always been curious about and made me look at the war a little bit more differently. I know MoH did Underground but I would so love to see a CoD game also set in the Maquis.

To put it bluntly, I still play Frontline and Allied Assault, even though they are both nearly 6 years old, but they defined the WW2 FPS genre and at nearly 6 years old they still stand tall, not only as a reminder of how the series should be but to also show how much EA have pissed all over the series. I still am happy to pick up any CoD game and play that however, as a point of perspective. I still play the original Command and Conquer games too, at least 13 years old.

Last edited by Chris Britton; February 19, 2008 at 10:32 AM