View Single Post
Old December 27, 2008, 10:16 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Recurring Villain View Post
I don't, and I don't know why you think I do. For some reason you act as if any positive mention of anything anyone you don't like (RTD and Murray, for example) is some kind of personal attack on you.
I don't treat positive mentions of RTD and Murray as a personal attack on me. I treat posts like this as a personal attack on me:

But there's probably no point discussing this with you, anyway. You decided you hated it before you even watched it.
It wasn't until then that I got riled up into making a pissy and long-winded post. I kept quiet for the most part up until then.

Seriously, you need to chill the fuck out and get over yourself
Two things wrong with that: 1) I didn't say anything until you started jumping to the wrong conclusion about my opinions, and I don't see how responding to such an attack accordingly can be described as "needing to get over myself," and 2) the benefit of this being my site is that I don't have to get over myself, and you all kind of just have to deal with it.

I don't take this shit so seriously that I'm going to rant and cry like a fucking baby because it wasnt the best thing I've ever seen in my life.
Once again, I said practically nothing until you made your post condemning my opinion. I kept my mouth shut because I don't feel like wasting my energy articulating an opinion that I don't think anyone here will share, nor do I feel like being condemned for something that isn't the case, which is that "I just hate everything RTD does automatically." I was perfectly happy never to open my mouth at all. The only post I did make was highlighting an amusing wording from your post. I felt no need to make any commentary on the episode at all.

And I love how you think I'm crying and ranting because it's "not the best thing I've ever seen." If that was all this episode was guilty of, I would have been praising it up and down. It's absolute, utter fucking garbage that tramples on the memory of the most beloved TV shows, ideas, and characters I have ever been exposed to. You're damn right I take offense to what RTD is doing to it. In my view, Doctor Who should never have been brought back at all. Now that it has, and it's being butchered to a slow and painful death, yeah, I'm gonna moan about it. This is my site and I'm bloody well entitled to it. Being here and reading about it is your choice.