Thread: Podfusion
View Single Post
Old October 3, 2012, 7:05 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ben Dawson View Post
An example of slow motion in the Classic Series - the opening to episode one of Genesis of the Daleks
Interestingly, the freeze frame at the end of one of the early parts of Genesis of the Daleks (when Sarah falls from the rocket) occurred to me, but the very beginning did not. Totally valid though.

This is cool though, I'm enjoying hearing the in depth analysis.
Thanks. The first episode is a Doctor Who focused episode, but that's only because it was relevant to both of us at the time, as we had just watched it. I want to stress that it's not a Doctor Who podcast. It's very much a podcast about me and Josef as interesting, intelligent people, looking at the things we enjoy and appreciate. We're expecting to cover a tremendous range of topics on the show, from TV to film to music, technology, and even philosophy.

I think the only criticism I have is that the title music is a bit long, and after multiple episodes people will just want to turn it off. Overall though, there was a nice flow in conversation for the most part, and I look forward to episode 2
Josef composed the theme specifically for the show, and I absolutely love it. Sadly, though, I recognize that most of the audience won't adore it like I do. We do already have a short version of the opening, and we'll probably be switching to that starting with episode 2.