View Single Post
Old June 8, 2008, 5:09 AM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Originally Posted by MI7 View Post
I called it .

The story was beautiful and tragic, and reached a natural end on that shot of the book and the screwdriver.
But no that's not good enough. Cos this is Doctor Who and no one can die. Ever. Apparently. It really felt horribly tacked on and stupidly epic with that daft scene of him jumping down the elevator for no reason whatsoever...and apparently, living out your life completely obliviously in a fake world is better than death. Hmm.
But isn't that the point of this Doctor, Moffat wrote him that way because this is Doctor 10. And River's line at the end says it all, when she says He can't let anyone go. He won't give up. And I like that in the Doctor.

Originally Posted by MI7 View Post
Also I really enjoyed Murray's music this week. There was only one blip where he totally lost it in a crazy cacophony (the missing kids scene, I'm looking at you). But plus 1 million points for bringing back All The Strange Strange Creatures and, of course, the original Doctor's Theme. Why he switched that beauty for that overblown piece of crap that is The Doctor Forever I will never know.
I agree, loved to see them back and in new styles as well. But there was a nice version of The Doctor Forever (I think) at the end when the Doctor's laying dow the book and screwdriver!