View Single Post
Old November 7, 2007, 3:20 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Remixed version of Dominic Glynn's original demo theme

Hello everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I am able to post here on DannyStewart.com an exclusive remixed version of Dominic Glynn's original demo theme for Doctor Who. The original demo was made back in 1986 before Dom made the final versions of his theme. Recently, Dom found this old demo version on an 8-track in his collection that he'd forgotten about. He graciously agreed to send me a copy of it, but he warned me that it was totally unmastered and sounded less than stellar, to put it mildly, and told me not to share it with anybody.

I disagreed, though, and while the mix may have been unmastered, I really liked some of the ideas in there, including one or two that didn't make it into his final theme. So I set about producing a remastered and remixed version of the demo theme that I could share with him to show that he had actually produced a great version of the theme, even if it wasn't mastered properly. My new version has been brought up to date a little bit, but overall retains the feel of the original.

I am proud to say that Dom was very impressed with my demo remix, so he has kindly granted me permission to post it for others to listen to. This remix provides a rare glimpse into both the past and the future...

It is now my honor and privilege to present my own remix of Dominic Glynn's original demo theme for Doctor Who.

Please note that this is a DannyStewart.com exclusive. Please do not redistribute it.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 dgdemoremix.mp3 (771.8 KB, 38 views)