2/10 - Horrible 0 0%
1/10 - Unwatchable 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 12:58 AM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

*cringes at the mental picture caused by Ben*

Great episode! The Daleks are impressive as ever... that scene where Sec ate Diagoras was creepy, I didn't know Daleks could do that! Reminded me of Cell from DBZ...
Only thing I was really disapointed by was the resulting voice of the human Sec. I was hoping for something digitally enhanced and threatening, like a Goa'uld's voice, or at least something like Davros' voice. But he just had Diagoras' voice...

8/10
Old May 13, 2007, 2:10 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I know what you mean. I thought Diagoras's voice was not really very intimidating to begin with, but when you think about it, there would be nothing to cause any digital changes to the voice. The Daleks have their casing to introduce the ring modulation effect, and Davros has been augmented by technology, which explains his voice. No similar occurrence happened with Sec. He was totally organic through and through.
Old May 13, 2007, 1:45 PM
MI7 (Offline)
Pex Lives

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
I know what you mean. I thought Diagoras's voice was not really very intimidating to begin with, but when you think about it, there would be nothing to cause any digital changes to the voice. The Daleks have their casing to introduce the ring modulation effect, and Davros has been augmented by technology, which explains his voice. No similar occurrence happened with Sec. He was totally organic through and through.
I really loved his voice. It was the best thing about the character for me. Only problem with it was the occasional slips where he made it sound too Dalek-esque.

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I AM DAAAAAAAAAAAAALEK SEC!
Old May 13, 2007, 1:45 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

They never really explained how the Goa'uld's voices sound like that either(or they did and I missed it). But there actually could have been something to change the voice. During the merger maybe an extra organ could've been added to the vocal cords to produce a booming, threatening tone.
But oh well, what's done is done. I still await the next one. (I could potentially watch it now, but as you know I traditionally watch it with my mom and dad and it's pretty much impossible for them to watch it more often than once a week. )
Old May 13, 2007, 1:50 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

Erm, the Daleks themselves can't speak, they need the armour to speak, that's why they have that mettalic voice.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Closed Thread