3/10 - Very Poor 0 0%
2/10 - Horrible 1 6.25%
1/10 - Unwatchable 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 27, 2008, 10:27 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Well I really have no idea what I think about this one.

It legitimately scared me. It wasn't the creature though, it was the way the people were acting. I was shaking. Though maybe I wasn't shaking with fear as much as I was shaking with anger... I don't know at all. They just enraged me, and I wish the Doctor would have chewed them out a lot harder than he did. It's too bad he doesn't punch people, because that would have been enough for me to give this a 10/10. If I were in his place I probably would have done just that. I would have given that guy's dad a few smashes to the face and say that they were the ones that deserved to be shoved out.
(I really, desperately hope that's not how I would really react to a stressful situation like that. The Doctor definitely handled it ok, but it would have been so much more satisfying if he exploded at them.)

In any case, I didn't like it. At least the alien thing wasn't innocent, it was taking advantage of the passengers' anger. I didn't really enjoy seeing people be idiots at all, because the Doctor didn't put them in their place. Remember that moment on the Idiot's Lantern where he chewed out Eddie? That was definitely satisfying. If he had screamed his head off at them and got them to shut up I would have given this a perfect rating.

But the whole thing just seemed unnecessarily unpleasant, and nothing really came of it. Maybe I got a little too immersed, but there was too much human idiocy. It was good at the beginning, but... yeah. I'm rambling and repeating myself.

Legitimately scared, legitimately pissed off, with no relief in the episode. I definitely wouldn't watch it again unless I wanted to make myself angry. I guess being able to evoke that deserves some praise, but I don't really enjoy getting that pissed off at fictional characters and not seeing them get lynched for it. Blah.

Last edited by Superkid11; June 28, 2008 at 12:42 AM
Closed Thread