DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > Creative Corner

Closed Thread

Old June 6, 2007, 3:49 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

28 Days Later RPG?

This idea will work best if a few people have seen it, although i could easily explain the backstory.

Bascially, i wondered about the possibility of doing a Role Playing game set during the events of 28 Days later. The films revolve around a deadly Virus accidently released in Cambridge which within days speads across the whole of Britain, turing most of it;s citizens into mindless rage filled people whos only thought is to kill any uninfected person they find. It's 100% transmutable, and by 28 days Britain has become deserted, with only the infect for company.

For those of you who have sene the first film, that story picked up after the virus was unleashed, and revolved around some surviviors trying to find a future in whats left of the United Kingdon. I have sene both films and i thought they were extremely good and extremely well written.

My idea for an RPG is simple, and im sure you have picked it up. We are a group of survivors, who had met up for a weekend away in England when the virus outbreaks, we are forced into hiding, and our goal is to stay alive and trying to find some means to find our future, or to escape from Britain and see if the rest of the World is intact.

So it's like our basic Zombie survival flick, ezcept this time there are infect Humans who are deadly and can't be cured, and only killed, It would be like only massive story, one big plot which can could do all at once or break down into parts. Im curious to know how people will react to the idea of throwing us into hell.

As i mentioned, it works better if everyone has seen the film, clips would be on youtube, which gives a better idea of what i am talking about, but i have no problem explaining it to you. I've felt a need to try to rejuvinate Role Playing on the forums. So lets try to be as diverse as we can, Torchwood is in the mix, so thats our Sci Fi backs, lets try to branch out

so yes, opinions people?
Old June 6, 2007, 8:15 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Alex Garland is the man.

Might be interesting. I haven't seen 28 Weeks yet.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old June 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I haven't seen either.
Old June 7, 2007, 9:19 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Well since 28 Weeks later is set after the time frame im on about, as long as you have seen 28 days later then we can pull it off.
Old June 7, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Ive seen both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later and cant get enough of them. I am most definately up for it.

Though I would request to be allowed to be a soldier, even if it's just a TA guy or something cause I dont do panic.

Old June 7, 2007, 11:25 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Be a Soldier, i was going to be one of those tecchies you see in companies, we can all be friends, perhaps you enlisted in the Army but went AWOL to find us, or we visited you and you escaped to protect us Much like Doyle in 28 Weeks.

The main question for me is where do we begin? As with both films it always starts after the initital outbreak, so im wondering if we should start at the intital outbreak, or we should start when we are all on our own and we merely talk about what tihngs were like before, as one thing we were all good at on tetryon was just being out there on our own, no help or assistance.

edit: Actually, I will stick to my Tecchie idea. Although I will be enlisted in the Forces alongside Ross im the Engineer

Last edited by Chris Britton; June 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM Reason: added info
Old June 7, 2007, 11:51 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

I think we should start before it's killed absolutely everyone but not too long before, maybe 8 or 10 days before 28 Days.

Old June 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

I've never seen either of them, but it sounds interesting.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old June 7, 2007, 1:07 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Good idea Ross, we could be in a small villege with the others on a break when The Infected appear, we try to fight them off but have to do a runner.
Old June 7, 2007, 9:27 PM
biggus dickus

I want to be a robot from the future sent back in time to combat the zombies and destroy Starbucks before it becomes the authoritarian ruler of the Earth.

Amirite.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old June 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I would play if RV gets to be that robot.
Old June 8, 2007, 4:44 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

RV, stop influencing Danny, hes not your pet

I don't tihnk robots and time travel exist in the 28 Days world
Old June 8, 2007, 5:21 AM
biggus dickus

Okay. I want to be a friendly Zombie named Douglas who likes to play Chess and relax on the beach.

And I have a chainsaw on a pole and a helicopter.

EDIT: Make those chainsaw nanchuku.

Old June 8, 2007, 6:10 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

seriously RV, lets try to keep it believeable for this idea.

Besides rage infgect people in that film just want to kill you, nothing else, you don;t even eat, although in 28 weeks Later some people have a natural immunuty, although they act as a carrier can still transfer the virus.
Old June 8, 2007, 12:21 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Let's keep the immunity thing out of it, it hasnt been fully explained yet and probably wont be until 28 Months.

Old June 8, 2007, 4:16 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Jeez! There's going to be a third one?!
Old June 8, 2007, 8:01 PM
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Jeez! There's going to be a third one?!
If the third one is successful there'll be a fourth, as well. I imagine they'll stop when it gets to 28 Millenia Later.

Old June 8, 2007, 9:07 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

28 mouths would logically be the last. when we find out if we can cure the rage virus or if it destroys our way of life.
Old June 9, 2007, 9:05 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

And if it does, then in 28 Years Later aliens will land to find our planet deserted.

Old June 9, 2007, 9:39 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

And then Aliens get the rage, and it spreads across the universe

what do you know, Humanity wipes out the Universe, why does that make sense?