DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > Doctor Who Forums > Ask Dominic Glynn

Old July 11, 2008, 9:05 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

In the whole of Doctor Who, new and old

Here's a rather predictable question but something that hasn't been yet asked and I've been very curious about. In the whole of Doctor Who, old series and new series combined, what is your favorite episode out of all the ones that you've seen?
Old July 28, 2008, 8:35 PM
Dominic Glynn (Offline)
Special Guest

Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.
Old August 3, 2008, 3:28 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn View Post
Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.
Your favorites are inspiring, sir. You have damn fine taste in Doctor Who episodes, and I agree with you on all your picks.

I'm envious of your ability to remember any of Evil of the Daleks. From what I know it was brilliant.

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Whats your view on Trial of a Time Lord then?
I'm curious about this as well.
Old June 16, 2009, 12:05 PM
Dr. Videoman (Offline)

You really do have a good taste for doctor stories.
Old June 28, 2010, 3:46 PM
freddiedalladay (Offline)

Hmmm, difficult one to answer in the last few moments before switching off and going to sleep....new series would have to be either Blink or the recent Silence in the Library two-parter. Classic series faves would be The Mind Robber, Genesis of the Daleks, The Daemons, (and although it no longer exists I am imagining that Evil of the Daleks was wonderful, but that may just be my memory playing tricks on me!)
Oh, The Mind Robber... That was the first ever episode I watched when I was 3... Those toy soldiers had me in tears with fright!

Oh, and that one with Tom Baker trapped in the Matrix.
The Deadly Assassin! Great story! I'm quite partial to the pipe organ pieces played in the Panopticon (I want to hear my all time favourite Toccata and Fugue in D Minor at some point in Doctor Who).

I haemorrhage insanity.