1/10 - Unwatchable 1 5.00%
0/10 - I have lost faith in humanity 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 5, 2008, 2:36 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Doctor Who 4x01 - "Partners in Crime"

I suppose the poll won't be up for a while as Danny is in America but what did you think?

I thought the Doctor and Donna's reunion was great and even though it was meant to be a lighter episode for the kids I thought it was great.

The Adipose were pretty cool, Sarah Lancashire was brilliant as was Catherine Tate. They got one of the Lord Of The Rings guys to do the big shots of the crowds of Adipose and the CGI this episode was amazing. The picture quality seemed better to me, they might have nicer cameras now.

AND WE SAW ROSE! I'd like it if RTD keeps Rose away until episode 11 now though.
Old April 5, 2008, 2:42 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

The Chracter of Donna was much better and Tate played her well. DT again turned in a nice preformance. Sadly hes still bothered about Rose. However I found the plot and the aliens ridiculous and plain stupid. An average start to the series.
Old April 5, 2008, 2:48 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

I thought that the story line was pretty silly, but it was perfect for getting my sister to watch it (I had her watching "An Unearthly Child" this afternoon and she loved it, so classic series' doing good for her too!).
Cathrine Tate as Donna was brilliant, much better character now. But now the Doctor seemed to be pining over Martha as well as Rose. But to me, he wasn't so bad over Rose.
I loved Rose's appearance at the end, for one big reason, it was totally unexpected, which comes as a surprise to me in this day and age, so that was nice.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old April 5, 2008, 3:01 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Yeh, we all knew Rose had been filming in this last and most recent block so I wasn't expecting her now!

The story was silly but still good i thought. I think this is the end we will here about Martha and Rose though as I don't think it bothers Donna. Also he wasn't really pining over Martha he just didn't want to hurt Donna as she was so excited.

I liked the revamped theme (even thought it wasn't that much of a change).

But I want to know how much Rose knows about the Doctor now as shes working for Torchwood.

One more thing, the finale will have the line "You liar, you said I was special" I'm not sure who says it actually!

And Episode 12 will have a spoiler title but it won't contain any D words!
Old April 5, 2008, 3:05 PM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

Away at the moment and on my iPod, will watch when I get back.
Old April 5, 2008, 4:11 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Oh and also Bernard Cribbins was excellent!
Old April 5, 2008, 4:51 PM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

Originally Posted by Jamie Minty View Post
, the finale will have the line "You liar, you said I was special" I'm not sure who says it actually!
Well if the voice was cockney/chavvy you'd know it was... oh wait.

I am actually looking forward to the rest of this series, because 2 of my comedy heroes are appearing in it! Christopher Ryan, famous for playing Mike in "The Young Ones" and Dave Hedgehog in "Bottom," will be playing the Sontaran leader, and Tim McInnerny (Percy Percy and Captain Darling in Blackadder) will have a role that I don't know anything about yet. I doubt anyone else on here will know of these actors though.

Not much point in posting in this thread though, is there? Danny would usually delete a thread of this type and replace it with a poll thread with all the right adjustments and titles.

Last edited by Ronnie Rowlands; April 5, 2008 at 5:41 PM
Old April 5, 2008, 5:41 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jamie Minty View Post
I suppose the poll won't be up for a while as Danny is in America but what did you think?
There's a reason for that -- you're supposed to save discussion for when I post the poll and not discuss it before. Now there's a mess for me to clean up in this thread.
Old April 5, 2008, 6:41 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Just delete the thread once you have seen it and posted the new poll.
Old April 5, 2008, 9:22 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Just delete the thread once you have seen it and posted the new poll.
No, because people have already made their comments. I'm not going to force everyone to retype everything.
Old April 5, 2008, 10:02 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
There's a reason for that -- you're supposed to save discussion for when I post the poll and not discuss it before. Now there's a mess for me to clean up in this thread.
Can't you just add a poll to the thread with your admin pwrz?

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old April 6, 2008, 12:58 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Well, I have seen it. And I have decided that I cannot bear to put myself through this anymore. I give up on the new series as a whole. I wash my hands of it once and for all. I was literally brought to tears by the time this episode ended, thinking about how great Doctor Who once was and what it has now been reduced to. The writing was awful. The story was awful. The dialogue was terrible. Murray Gold doesn't know how or when to shut up. I didn't notice a single lapse of music in the entire episode, and the vast majority of the music was awful anyway, belonging in a Tom and Jerry cartoon and not Doctor Who. Ironically, I think Donna is just fine. I have no problem with her character or Catherine Tate's acting. I simply cannot stand what has been done to my most beloved show as a whole. So with this, I give up on it completely. I have had to add a 0/10 option to the poll, because giving it even a single point is being too generous. I will no longer be making episode polls for the new series of Doctor Who, and I will most certainly be avoiding all RTD-penned episodes from here on out, if not the entire series. Goodbye, Doctor Who. You were so great once... I'm sorry to see you reduced to this, and I'm sorry I can stick it out with you no longer.
Old April 6, 2008, 1:14 AM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Well I'm certainly terrified to see it after reading your review, but I'm still going to download and watch it to see if it gives me a similar reaction.

Even though you're giving up, I do suggest you keep an eye on feedback on future episodes, on the off chance it picks up again and we start orgasming.

In the meantime, perhaps you should take the time you would normally take to see the new Who to catch up on the rest of Death Note?
Old April 6, 2008, 3:10 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I can see where Danny is coming from. Although I did enjoy the acting by both Tennant and Tate and the character of Donna has been made better. Plus it was nice to see a bit more compassionate Doctor even if hes still brooding over Rose.

But thats as far as it goes. The aliens were just absurd and pathetic, if not cute. The stupidness of the plot was evident and I just sat in silence trying to figure out how on earth the team have run out of ideas and if I cracked RTD's head open I would see a Black Hole where his Brain might be. The theme was just too sharp and plain to be good Doctor Who and I preferred the original, much more Sci Fi and more jazzed up. Doctor Who is becoming a program for 3 years old now. RTD is quite happy to focus attention on Torchwood while leaving a classic icon of TV to rot and decompose. I am guessing they probably sense this seeing as how Rose is back.

I have no problem with Tate and Tennant, they are making the best of whats becoming an even worse situation. This episode gets a 2/10. I am not ready to give up on the series just yet, as next weeks episode does look quite nice. I'm dreading 'The Doctors Daughter'
Old April 6, 2008, 3:37 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
RTD is quite happy to focus attention on Torchwood while leaving a classic icon of TV to rot and decompose.
RTD has not written for Torchwood since the pilot.
Old April 6, 2008, 3:39 AM
Look who's back!

Can we still discuss the new series though? I mean, if the mod made the polls? C'mon Danny, I thought it was well established that season openers were lame, surely it's not as bad as 'New Earth' or 'Love and Monsters' is it?

RTD does seem to be changing the series for the worse under his rule of terror though. Like Hitler. and he's so arrogant about it, he even had this image released to rub it in our faces. ZEIG WHO!

Last edited by Ronnie Rowlands; April 6, 2008 at 3:52 AM
Old April 6, 2008, 3:57 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowlands View Post
Can we still discuss the new series though?
Of course.

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowlands View Post
C'mon Danny, I thought it was well established that season openers were lame, surely it's not as bad as 'New Earth' or 'Love and Monsters' is it?
Are you serious? It was ten times worse than "Love and Monsters" -- fifty times worse than "New Earth."
Old April 6, 2008, 4:01 AM
Look who's back!

Ah, that was only a thought, I haven't actually viewed the episode yet you see. On a side note, the timeslot doesn't seem to have done a whole lot of bad, 8.4 million watched it.

*Gulp* You're not making me look forward to watching it though Ok putting the tape in now, see you in 45 minutes...

Last edited by Ronnie Rowlands; April 6, 2008 at 4:11 AM
Old April 6, 2008, 4:41 AM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Sorry, i was just excited and plus the OG forum wouldn't work so i decided to discuss it here!

I think you should take this episode lightly as all the first episodes are a bit ... "kiddy".

The next one is meant to be really good. If your going to watch one story watch Steven Moffat's those will be great guaranteed.

When will we see the rest of the Torchwood S2 polls as I wanna talk about the finale which was great!
Old April 6, 2008, 6:47 AM
stutomo (Offline)

I liked this episode. I think it was more enjoyable than Love and Monsters. To say its 10 times worse is just silly but thats my opinion. I wouldn't give up on the series yet. I don't understand why you think its so bad. Maybe it's because I haven't seen much of the old Doctor Who so I can't really compare but I think you take it too seriously. My only problems with the new series is the new theme tune and the fast credits. I liked how the episode ended and the appearance of Rose was brilliant. I look forward to the rest of the series.

RIP Dalek Fred

Closed Thread