DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > Administrative Forums > News and Updates

Old October 2, 2012, 5:32 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Podfusion

It is with utmost pride and excitement that I announce that episode 1 of Podfusion, my podcast with Josef Kenny, is now available. Podfusion has been a dream of mine that I have been trying to get off the ground for over a year now, and thanks to the awesome team effort between Josef and myself, that dream has now come to fruition.

You can expect a wide range of topics on Podfusion, from Doctor Who to film to music to technology and even philosophy. In our inaugural episode, we are joined by my brother Ian, and we hit the ground running with a discussion of The Angels Take Manhattan.

Podfusion should be on iTunes by tomorrow. We really hope you like it, and that you’ll continue to join us in the weeks to come.

http://podfusion.net
Old October 3, 2012, 11:50 AM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

An example of slow motion in the Classic Series - the opening to episode one of Genesis of the Daleks

This is cool though, I'm enjoying hearing the in depth analysis.

I think the only criticism I have is that the title music is a bit long, and after multiple episodes people will just want to turn it off. Overall though, there was a nice flow in conversation for the most part, and I look forward to episode 2
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!

Last edited by Ben Dawson; October 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Old October 3, 2012, 7:05 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ben Dawson View Post
An example of slow motion in the Classic Series - the opening to episode one of Genesis of the Daleks
Interestingly, the freeze frame at the end of one of the early parts of Genesis of the Daleks (when Sarah falls from the rocket) occurred to me, but the very beginning did not. Totally valid though.

This is cool though, I'm enjoying hearing the in depth analysis.
Thanks. The first episode is a Doctor Who focused episode, but that's only because it was relevant to both of us at the time, as we had just watched it. I want to stress that it's not a Doctor Who podcast. It's very much a podcast about me and Josef as interesting, intelligent people, looking at the things we enjoy and appreciate. We're expecting to cover a tremendous range of topics on the show, from TV to film to music, technology, and even philosophy.

I think the only criticism I have is that the title music is a bit long, and after multiple episodes people will just want to turn it off. Overall though, there was a nice flow in conversation for the most part, and I look forward to episode 2
Josef composed the theme specifically for the show, and I absolutely love it. Sadly, though, I recognize that most of the audience won't adore it like I do. We do already have a short version of the opening, and we'll probably be switching to that starting with episode 2.
Old October 3, 2012, 7:15 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Thanks. The first episode is a Doctor Who focused episode, but that's only because it was relevant to both of us at the time, as we had just watched it. I want to stress that it's not a Doctor Who podcast. It's very much a podcast about me and Josef as interesting, intelligent people, looking at the things we enjoy and appreciate. We're expecting to cover a tremendous range of topics on the show, from TV to film to music, technology, and even philosophy.
As much as Doctor Who is a great source for conversation, I'm pleased to hear that you guys are going to be discussing other things, and look forward to hearing opinions on other topics.

Josef composed the theme specifically for the show, and I absolutely love it. Sadly, though, I recognize that most of the audience won't adore it like I do. We do already have a short version of the opening, and we'll probably be switching to that starting with episode 2.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great piece of music, and the full length version works a marvelous piece; my critique was only on the fact it went on a bit too long for my tastes for bookending a show. Other than that I loved it!
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old October 4, 2012, 4:42 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

As much as Doctor Who is a great source for conversation, I'm pleased to hear that you guys are going to be discussing other things, and look forward to hearing opinions on other topics.
Brilliant. Thanks very much! I will say that the response we've gotten so far from people who have listened to the podcast has been overwhelmingly positive. It's really encouraging, and I know the podcast will only get better.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great piece of music, and the full length version works a marvelous piece; my critique was only on the fact it went on a bit too long for my tastes for bookending a show. Other than that I loved it!
I understand that. Perhaps we'll post the theme for download somewhere, but I do think we'll be moving to the short version beginning with episode 2.
Old October 4, 2012, 5:10 AM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

I understand that. Perhaps we'll post the theme for download somewhere
Well, I'll keep an eye out for when you do.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old October 4, 2012, 8:16 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Great news—we're officially on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...on/id567565502

EDIT: It would be awesome if anyone could find the time to leave us a nice review. Reviews will help us get noticed and help more listeners to find us.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; October 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Old October 7, 2012, 7:26 PM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

Have me on as a guest and you can have all the reviews you wish.
Old October 9, 2012, 4:06 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

RONNIE'S BACK!!! Now that you're here, you'll never leave.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!