DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > Doctor Who Forums > Ask Dominic Glynn

Old May 26, 2008, 5:17 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Audio dramas

Hey Dom,

A bunch of us here on the forums are starting to get together and form ideas for making (hopefully a series of) Doctor Who audio dramas, and we were wondering about some things...

First of all, would you be willing to grant us permission to make use of your "inside the TARDIS" story idea that you posted here a little while ago? We're very interested in possibly turning that into an audio drama at some point. It probably wouldn't be our premiere episode, but it's still something that we'd like to do later down the line.

Second of all, if we were to make an episode out of that, would you consider doing us the honor of scoring it? I imagine you're far too busy to be able to score stuff for us on a regular basis, but it would be an absolute dream if you could score the one we do that's based off of your own idea. We can even consult with you on the script if you'd like to be involved.

We'll wait until we've completed a few episodes first, and then share them with you so you can make sure they're serious and pro enough for you to get involved with, and of course you don't have to feel obligated to commit to anything right now. But it would be wonderful if you'd keep it in mind for us! We'd all be tremendously excited to have you on board!

Let me know your thoughts on this, and speak soon.

Take care,
Danny
Old May 31, 2008, 9:16 PM
Dominic Glynn (Offline)
Special Guest

Hi Danny

Please do use my idea - I'd be honoured if you did!
I'll have to let you know about scoring - it would have to depend on my commitments (as I'm sure you'll understand).
Old May 31, 2008, 11:18 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn View Post
Please do use my idea - I'd be honoured if you did!
Wonderful! Thank you! We'll make sure to credit you for the original idea.

Originally Posted by Dominic Glynn View Post
I'll have to let you know about scoring - it would have to depend on my commitments (as I'm sure you'll understand).
Of course, of course. Just let us know if it sounds feasible. It would be very cool.

We might be able to hold the episode back for a bit after we make it until a gap appears in your schedule. We can always move other episodes ahead. We'll see how it plays out.
Old May 31, 2008, 11:27 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
We might be able to hold the episode back for a bit after we make it until a gap appears in your schedule. We can always move other episodes ahead. We'll see how it plays out.
If we make the TARDIS episode the second-last one then that should give Dom plenty of time.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old June 1, 2008, 1:28 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Recurring Villain View Post
If we make the TARDIS episode the second-last one then that should give Dom plenty of time.
Obviously we would still want to write and record it relatively early so that Dom has it.