2/5 - Below Average 0 0%
1/5 - Poor 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 12, 2005, 1:00 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Doctor Who 1x12 - "Bad Wolf"

This week on Doctor Who, the Doctor comes face to face with his past, and his future...

The Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack have to fight for their lives on board the Game Station, but a far more dangerous threat is lurking, just out of sight. The Doctor realises that the entire human race has been blinded to the threat on its doorstep, and Armageddon is fast approaching.

Fantastic episode, and it's only going to get better from here.
Old June 12, 2005, 3:38 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!!!!!! One fo the best episodes yet, not the best but ti is building up to a spectacular conclusion. I did really enojy this episode and i am so tense as to how it will conclude. I loved seeing the Doctor trying to run about trying to save Rose from the Anne-Droid. But the episode was brilliant.
Old June 12, 2005, 11:46 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

It was bloody brilliant is what it was. A good, although somewhat average, plot turned into a hugely suspenseful climax building up to what will be an utterly unbelievable season finale! WOW!
Old June 12, 2005, 12:16 PM
Bajoran Rogue (Offline)

If six out of five was on the poll, that's what I would have voted.
The humour with the gameshows, and the gameshows themselves were alright, good enough way of waiting until the big reveal, and it was good to see bad results to the Doctor's actions on the station and the planet, even though they were probably manipulated into bad results by the Daleks.
And about the Dalek fleet, wow.
Old June 12, 2005, 1:09 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

It was an incredable episode and a brilliant build up to the next one. This si the best ever cliffhanger i have even seen.
Old June 12, 2005, 2:21 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Indeed, brilliant episode, however not the best hour of Television ever. I think it was great, 400,000 Daleks!!

BTW, that voice on the preview for next week, me and Chris are both convinced that it was Davros, as are several other friends of mine. I definately look forward to next week's episode, though if Jack is killed I will never forgive them. There was a shot in the preview showing him backing away from a Dalek, so I hope he is okay.

Old June 12, 2005, 11:03 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I'm convinced that it's not Davros. The voice was wrong, it was too deep. The way it spoke was also inconsistent with Davros. Also, the Doctor looked up at whatever was talking -- if it was Davros, he would have looked down. Davros is a crippled humanoid in a wheelchair. I think they wanted you to think it was Davros, but I'm virtually certain it was not. Personally, I'm hoping it isn't. Davros was very much overused in the old series, and bringing him back, in my opinion, would continue an unwelcome trend from the past.

If you want to know who I think it is, my money's on the Emperor Dalek. We haven't seen him since the Second Doctor era in the late 1960s. I would love to see the Emperor Dalek back in action! That would get my blood running!
Old June 13, 2005, 12:03 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Huh! Im confused now, is Davros the guy who has the bottom half of a Dalek casing and the torso of a Human body? Or is that the Emperor Dalek?

Old June 13, 2005, 1:23 PM
Bajoran Rogue (Offline)

I think these might show you, Davros and Dalek Emperor.
Old June 13, 2005, 3:45 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Thanks Drex. I was going to make a topic to speculate about the voice but there is no need now. Then was was it, The voice was Dalek like. so maybe it is a part of the Dalek race. Maybe it was another type of Dalek.
Old June 13, 2005, 4:06 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

The voice was human-ish but with a Dalek effect, which fits both Davros and the Emperor Dalek. What Ross described was certainly Davros. But the voice was deep, which only fits the Emperor Dalek.
Old June 14, 2005, 12:06 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

So Davros is the Emperor Dalek? It's just that when he was the Emperor Dalek there was only his head left? BTW I was joking about the permissions.

Old June 14, 2005, 12:16 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Well, it could be the Dalek Emperor. As in that pic Drex showed us he was suspended by cables of some kind. So it is a possibility.
Old June 14, 2005, 5:15 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

The Emperor Dalek is just a really big Dalek that doesn't look much like the other Daleks. His voice sounds exactly like what was shown in the preview for next week. Davros is not the Emperor Dalek, don't think that he is. In one episode, he was disguised as the Emperor Dalek only to keep his presence a mystery until the end of the episode. The Emperor is not really suspended by cables, he's just stuck and the cables connect him to, as I would imagine, life support and some kind of computer system. By the way, I don't know that much about the Emperor Dalek because the only episode to feature him, "The Evil of the Daleks," was destroyed by the BBC.

Here are some more photos of the Emperor Dalek, attached.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; November 6, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Old June 15, 2005, 10:38 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

In that page about Davros that Rogue showed us, it says that Davros is the Emperor Dalek.

Old June 15, 2005, 12:51 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Wrong. Davros once posed as the Emperor Dalek. He is not. However, Davros and the Emperor Dalek have never been seen together in the same episode, so the Daleks never actively serve both. But I'm sorry if there's been any confusion. Davros is not the Emperor Dalek, you'll have to trust the man who's been watching Doctor Who since he was two years old. (That's me, by the way. )

Davros: Creator of the Daleks. Wants to be their supreme controller but is often betrayed by the Daleks, who believe Davros, like all other life in the universe, is inferior. Eventually this led to a schism, creating two Dalek factions, the Imperial Daleks that served Davros and the Renegade Daleks who were on their own. I would imagine that by the new series, the Daleks settled their petty dispute and are now united again.

Emperor Dalek: The Daleks' elected representative, so to speak. The Emperor Dalek was (I believe) created by the Daleks to lead them. Daleks leading Daleks obviously works for them, but Davros leading Daleks doesn't.

I hope this clears things up for you, Ross.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; June 15, 2005 at 12:57 PM Reason: Elaborated some more
Old June 15, 2005, 2:17 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up Danny.

Old June 15, 2005, 2:18 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

You're very welcome. Hope all is clear now.
Old June 16, 2005, 7:40 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

sure does mate. But if ti turned out not to be Davros or the Emperor Dalek, Who could it be. Who has a chance?
Old June 16, 2005, 10:32 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

There are so many possibilities. But I will not guess, I will wait until Saturday. Only two days now!
Closed Thread