2/5 - Below Average 0 0%
1/5 - Poor 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 19, 2005, 12:44 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Doctor Who 1x13 - "The Parting of the Ways"

This week marks the first season finale of the new Doctor Who series. And what a finale it is, too...

Earth is at war with the Daleks and they invade the Game Station. The Doctor discovers that the Daleks were saved from the Time War by the Emperor Dalek. But this final battle has devastating consequences for the Doctor...

Easily the best episode of the season. In an instant it goes from hysterically funny to hysterically tragic, silly to brilliantly clever. And wow. Christopher Eccleston, I salute you... David Tennant, I couldn't look forward to your era more!
Old June 19, 2005, 9:06 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

I thought the episode was collosal, and def the best of the season. It was sad to see Christopher Eccleston go, but im sure David Tennant will be great.

I thought it was good for them to bring back the whole "My vision is impaired I cannot see..." thing that the Daleks say lol.

Old June 19, 2005, 9:14 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASITC, THE BEST THING I HAVE EVR SEEN ON TV IN YEARS!!!!!!! What an episode, it was just prefect and deserves 10 out of 5. It was funny, dramatic, sad and tense all thought. A brilliant way for Chris Eccelston to sign off and pave the way of David Tennant, It was clever and well thought, what a return for the Emperor Dalek and an excelent way to bring him in, thea actng was perfect and the scemes and effects were great, I will really miss Doctor Who.
Old June 19, 2005, 10:35 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ross Hendrie
I thought it was good for them to bring back the whole "My vision is impaired I cannot see..." thing that the Daleks say lol.
Haha! I couldn't stop laughing at that.
Old June 19, 2005, 11:07 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

LOL me neither. And I don't think I like the new look for the Dalek Emperor.

Old June 19, 2005, 12:43 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

it was great. The best episode ever.
Old June 19, 2005, 2:49 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I thought it was an impressive look. Like a regular Dalek that had delusions of grandeur and so ordered a newer, more impressive casing and life support system to hold him because he thought he was special.

And yes, Chris, it was the best episode ever.
Old June 20, 2005, 4:13 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

The Emperor was quite cool. I liked his look, He was a little lacking in his head i think.
Old June 20, 2005, 12:02 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Yeah but why have an eyepiece if he can see out the tank lol.

Old June 20, 2005, 12:03 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

My theory is that a Dalek mutant's vision just isn't that good. That eyepiece will allow clear vision as well as zoom and probably night vision and some other cool features.
Old June 20, 2005, 12:05 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Ah right, I see.

Old June 20, 2005, 12:08 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

It's just a theory but it makes sense to me.
Old June 21, 2005, 12:55 PM
Bajoran Rogue (Offline)

Good way to end this series. Ties up most things started this series, and those last words leave us waiting for what is to come with the next series.

One thing I didn't like much was Rose going all superpowered to save the day, at least there is a downside that stops it from being used in every situation. I mean, it would have been a bit better to me for the Emperor Dalek to believe that the Doctor would activate the delta wave and either having doubts about his immortality or deciding that he didn't want to have to build up his forces again retreats to fight another day so the door is left open for the Daleks to come back again sometime in the future.

I thought Jack would stay dead, I saw his death coming for a while and theories ran through my head for how he could appear in the next series, I thought where in either "The Empty Child" or "The Doctor Dances", I can't remember which, he says that he can't remember two years of his life those two years could be used to have him come back. Like he travelled with the Doctor during those two years and so as to not mess up the timeline he had himself forget about them so when he meets the Doctor and Rose in "The Empty Child" he doesn't remember anything from his travels with the Doctor during those two missing years.
Old June 21, 2005, 1:34 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Can't think of a response to that one im afraid.
Old June 21, 2005, 6:46 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bajoran Rogue
Good way to end this series. Ties up most things started this series, and those last words leave us waiting for what is to come with the next series.
I thought it was amazing the way they seemed to bring in every single previous episode somehow in the season finale. Think about it, there were references, either subtle or large, to just about every episode that aired previously. That's impressive!

One thing I didn't like much was Rose going all superpowered to save the day, at least there is a downside that stops it from being used in every situation. I mean, it would have been a bit better to me for the Emperor Dalek to believe that the Doctor would activate the delta wave and either having doubts about his immortality or deciding that he didn't want to have to build up his forces again retreats to fight another day so the door is left open for the Daleks to come back again sometime in the future.
Yes, but I would write off the Daleks permanently. I do hear that they will not be returning during series two, though. But let's hope they will make their big comeback in series three.

I thought Jack would stay dead, I saw his death coming for a while and theories ran through my head for how he could appear in the next series, I thought where in either "The Empty Child" or "The Doctor Dances", I can't remember which, he says that he can't remember two years of his life those two years could be used to have him come back. Like he travelled with the Doctor during those two years and so as to not mess up the timeline he had himself forget about them so when he meets the Doctor and Rose in "The Empty Child" he doesn't remember anything from his travels with the Doctor during those two missing years.
I have to say, that's an ingenious theory. Although it doesn't quite tie in with what Jack said about the Time Agency, his former employers, being the ones to erase his memory. But I do like the theory.
Closed Thread