2/5 - Below Average 0 0%
1/5 - Poor 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 4:21 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Doctor Who 1x08 - "Father's Day"

This week, Rose causes damage to the timeline when she tries to save her father from death.

The Doctor takes Rose back to the 7th of November 1987, the day her father Pete was killed in a hit-and-run accident. Rose intends to merely comfort the dying man, but on the spur of the moment decides to save Pete's life instead. Her well-intentioned interference in time summons forth the Reapers, flying monsters who begin to consume the planet -- and it also has a catastrophic effect on the TARDIS.

I thought tonight's episode was very good. Very moving and well directed, too. Well done to all involved.
Old May 16, 2005, 6:13 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

It was another fantastic episode. I really thought it was good and really moving. The Aliens were very fearsome and the plots was absolutly fabulous. Especially when rose is crying as her dad sacfices himself to save the timeline. This really goes to show what people can do when they put thier minds to things. the twist when we find out the TARDIS has gone belly up was good and the acting was incrediable. I thought this was fantatisc and perfect. Bring on the next epsiode. it looks really good from what we saw in the preview.
Old May 16, 2005, 8:41 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Britton
Bring on the next epsiode. it looks really good from what we saw in the preview.
The preview for next week's episode, "The Empty Child," looks fantastic! This is going to be a two-parter, by the way, and it looks like it's going to be one of the best this series, going by what I've heard online.
Old May 16, 2005, 11:55 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Yes. it looks really dramatic. I can't wait for it. it will be the best so far and i think it will really test the Doctor. The effects look good and the plot from what i can see is fantastic.

I can wait for it actually. I just bough the first 3 episodes of series one on DVD. So i can watch the Doc as much as i want. Fantastic.
Old May 16, 2005, 5:05 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Britton
I just bough the first 3 episodes of series one on DVD. So i can watch the Doc as much as i want. Fantastic.
I'm glad you bought the show on DVD, Chris! However, you should be warned -- these initial releases are "vanilla" releases. They come with the episodes only, and no extra features. If you want extras, you should wait for the boxed set to be released in a few months' time (November 21, 2005). That will have all the episodes, plus a great deal of extra features.

Here's some illustrations for you, too.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; November 6, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Old May 17, 2005, 2:54 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Souns cool. I might wait for the other versions to come out. I wanted to get the first volume as i did not get the chance to download the first 3 episodes, i missed them and i was not allowed to download them. Blame my dad. But i have now seen the epsidoes, they were funny and fatastic. So if i decide to get the next volume, out on june 16 i will let you know. Thanks for the warning Danny.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:28 AM
Bajoran Rogue (Offline)

I thought this episode was good, seemed to me to be more emotional rather then action. Some things about the timeline getting changed didn't make total sense to me, but the episode seemed to focus more on Rose and her father so those sort of things wouldn't matter too much I guess.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:43 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

It was a cliffhanger all the way in my opinion.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:22 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Yes, I suppose it was. Except without the one-week waits.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:45 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

I though it was okay, like BajoranRogue was saying, some of the timeline changes didn't make sense to me either. For one thing, the car with mowed down Rose's father was going around the church the wrong way. It turned left round a corner when it was supposed to have killed him, yet it was turning round to the right as it went round the church.

Old May 17, 2005, 8:12 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Time was screwing up. Really really bad. It doesn't have to make sense. In fact, in the situation, it makes more sense not to make sense. If that makes sense.
Old May 18, 2005, 3:00 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

That was the timeline after it was mucked up. Something called a time loop. But since Rose had changedf the timetime then the car might have came down here instead. Time is mysterious and strange.