DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > Forum Fun

Old December 28, 2007, 1:10 PM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

You've been told twice by 2 different people, one of whom is the admin.
Old December 28, 2007, 1:48 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

told what? Oh to get on with the subject, fine by me! I just wanted to say that to RV to answer him!

Was that theme for the xmas special only as at the end it does have some jingly noise!
Old December 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

They actually use negative colours on confidential! I on your camera phone you have a negative mode and aim the camera at the doctor who logo it will look like the confidential one!

Negative means that black colours are turned white and vice versa!
Old December 30, 2007, 3:29 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Can anyone give me MI7's School Reunion Incidental Piece! Don't bother if its MIDI though i can't get used to those!
Old December 30, 2007, 7:31 PM
Hamster (Offline)
Renegade Master

Originally Posted by NegativeCyberman View Post
Well, thank Christ you cleared that one up for me.

http://www.dannystewart.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=542&dateline=11822713  94
Banner created by Flip of the Railway Arms forum
Old December 30, 2007, 9:04 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Somebody get this kid a PhD.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old December 31, 2007, 8:48 AM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

Somebody get him a full stop key.
Old December 31, 2007, 2:03 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

For Christs sake stop having a go at me! I used an exclamation mark instead of a full stop! So what! They serve as the same thing except one puts for stress on the sentence!

Not everybody knows what Negative Colouring is!!!! It doesn't exactly scream out "it turns all visible colours to their opposite colour", does it now?

If you want the end bit of the new theme tune, people in the UK can listen to it on the BBC iplayer. Skip to the end of the video and there is no BBC voiceover man playing! Rat Souffle is your signature something Murray actually said or did you just make it up (as a jokey thing)?
Old December 31, 2007, 3:32 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Rat Souffle is your signature something Murray actually said or did you just make it up (as a jokey thing)?
Original email:

Originally Posted by Murray Gold
You have linked to an illegal download of my album on your website. We are through. You are a mean, two-faced, rude and inconsiderate young man.

Don't contact me again. And I mean ever.

Murray
Old December 31, 2007, 3:36 PM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

Oh! hmmm! Bit of an overreaction!
Old December 31, 2007, 3:46 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Oh! hmmm! Bit of an overreaction!
My thoughts exactly.
Old December 31, 2007, 7:31 PM
Hamster (Offline)
Renegade Master

For Christs sake stop having a go at me! I used an exclamation mark instead of a full stop! So what! They serve as the same thing except one puts for stress on the sentence!
Calm yourself down there, fella. Take it easy.

http://www.dannystewart.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=542&dateline=11822713  94
Banner created by Flip of the Railway Arms forum
Old December 31, 2007, 8:09 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Is "full stop" the more politically correct word or is that just the word for it in the UK?
Old December 31, 2007, 9:34 PM
biggus dickus

For Christs sake stop having a go at me!
What are you going to do..? Leave?

I used an exclamation mark instead of a full stop! So what! They serve as the same thing except one puts for stress on the sentence!
Yes! It showed your were excited about your intimate knowledge of the nature of negative coloring! I completely understand!

Not everybody knows what Negative Colouring is!!!!
You're right. But I don't think there are any 5-year-olds on this forum.

It doesn't exactly scream out "it turns all visible colours to their opposite colour", does it now?
Well, actually, it does. It's not like someone switched the terms negative coloring and potato salad, so that we need geniuses like you to explain to us that potato salad is no longer the term for color inversion.

Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Is "full stop" the more politically correct word or is that just the word for it in the UK?
It's what we in ye olde Commonwealth nations use.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old December 31, 2007, 10:32 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
That's what people in the UK (and Australia) call it. I don't see a different degree of political correctness to it.
Old December 31, 2007, 10:43 PM
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
That's what people in the UK (and Australia) call it. I don't see a different degree of political correctness to it.
It's politically correct to not be America, I believe.

Old December 31, 2007, 11:29 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Well, period is used for something else and that's all I'm going to say on that subject.
Old December 31, 2007, 11:34 PM
BritCanuck (Offline)

You have linked to an illegal download of my album on your website. We are through. You are a mean, two-faced, rude and inconsiderate young man.

Murray
That's an unfair hissy fit if ever I heard one.
He should have worked out that someone else posted that link.

Seems to me that people at the BBC currently have a lot to answer for, what with (among other things) last weekend's "Robin Hood", the big off-season Saturday night series, enraging the fans by apparently writing out a major character (I won't spoil that here, but the phrase "How could someone get this classic so wrong?" was just used in a review).

You would think that some people at the BBC - not all people, but definately some - would have more sense than that.

Anyways, don't let that get you down. It's 2008. Have fun. Happy Holidays.

"Avon Calling." "Nice Try."

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowlands View Post
Altered by Recurring Villain
Good, but replace the third line with something like "but I'm on hand to save the day" so that blah de blah wibble dobble lexicon gibberish.

Last edited by BritCanuck; December 31, 2007 at 11:40 PM Reason: Additions
Old December 31, 2007, 11:54 PM
biggus dickus

Is there a reason you posted entirely in italics?

Old January 1, 2008, 4:46 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by BritCanuck View Post
That's an unfair hissy fit if ever I heard one.
He should have worked out that someone else posted that link.
I agree. To be honest, his argument didn't make much sense to me. He came down on me for "linking to an illegal download of his album," yet I had nothing to do with it. I wrote him back and told him that, to which he responded that I "knew full well it was there" (which is untrue and he cannot possibly corroborate) and then brought up the fact that I had suggested in another thread that I was going to download his soundtrack. Now that much is true, and I did hint that I would download the soundtrack in another thread (which was rather dumb of me in hindsight considering I bought the damned thing anyway). The truth is I download almost everything off the internet right when it comes out, then buy it as soon as I can afford it. In this particular case, I downloaded his soundtrack only to tide me over until my order came in (which had already been placed).

But Murray's argument was very incoherent -- he first blamed me for linking to his soundtrack, and then when I said that I posted no such link, he came back and said "so? you still did this completely different thing which I made no reference to in my original email!"

It was a very surreal experience that day, and it sucks to have lost what little correspondence I had with him over something so inconsequential that (for the most part) I didn't even have any control over (and more importantly I didn't do anything wrong!). I would try writing to him again if I thought it would make any difference, but I don't. As my brother so aptly pointed out, he likely already has his version of events (whatever that may be) locked in his mind. You all can clearly see what he thinks of me according to that email he wrote, so I very much doubt at this point that anything I say could make any difference.

Since I am writing here anyway, I will post something that I started writing several weeks ago with the intention of posting it here, but I never finished it or posted it as I had planned to. Since the truth has now come to light anyway, I will post this draft message for all to read, hopefully to make my feelings about this situation a bit clearer. I had planned to write a conclusion, but I haven't yet gotten around to it. Hopefully this situation stands well enough on its own and my feelings have already been made clear enough to the point where it doesn't need one.

Anyway, here goes.

---

I feel I should post a bit of an explanation here as to what happened between myself and Murray Gold last week. In case any of you were wondering, Murray has decided that he would not like to hear from me ever again. I received the following email from him last Tuesday:

Murray
Just to set the record straight, I did not post any such link here. The link was posted by James (Dalek104), who has already paid for this more than he deserved by being reported to Silva Screen by Murray. (Sorry about that, James. If Murray hadn't been spying on me they never would have known.) Silva Screen wrote to him not only demanding the removal of the material, but also any server stats he had available so that they could find out who downloaded the material. Luckily for all involved, the server stats were pretty unhelpful, so no one will be able to trace who downloaded the material.

For those of you that remember, there was an incident here on the forums several months ago, in which Murray Gold's "IT guy" joined my site, seemingly for the express purpose of monitoring what I wrote about Murray so that he could report back to his boss if I said anything "off-color," to use Murray's own terminology. Unfortunately for me, I had made a post in which I called Murray a liar for telling me there would be a new theme for series 3 when there wasn't one. Word of this post got back to Murray, and (in what I still believe to be a strong overreaction), he became very upset with me. Naturally, I was very apologetic at the time, but now that I'm able to use hindsight and speak more freely, I don't really regret what I posted. Murray told me, in no uncertain terms, that there would be a new theme. There wasn't one. When I asked why, he says he just didn't get around to it. I realize that lying involves intentional deceit, which I have no reason to believe was the case here, but he still gave me false information and made no effort to correct it when the circumstances changed. So no, I don't regret my post. Maybe I should have chosen my wording more carefully, but the meaning remains the same. I was bothered by his lack of regard for sharing information like that with me, and I reacted accordingly. I do not believe that I did anything wrong. (Feels good to finally say that now.)

Anyway, I tracked down the user account that was being used by Murray's IT guy and banned him permanently. Unfortunately, what I did not realize was that Murray had also registered on the site at the same time under a different name, which I did not catch. He's been here the whole time, continuing to snoop around for ways to get me in trouble, and it looks like he finally found one good enough to start spewing venom. (He has since been removed from the site.)

There are a few things that I would like to say here, mostly just to get them off my chest. First, I am really not tremendously bothered about breaking off contact with Murray. To be perfectly honest, he's been quite a disappointing contact from the start. Whenever he wrote to me, he would usually be helpful or encouraging, but the thing is, he would almost never write to me. One day, out of boredom, I went through and counted the number of emails that I sent to Murray Gold which warranted a response, and then counted the emails out of those that he actually responded to. You know what I ended up with? Three out of eight. He responded to three out of every eight emails that I sent to him that had a specific question or other comment that directly requested a response from him. He responded to my emails less than 40% of the time. He was unreliable at best, and it was very clear that I was just not important enough to take up his valuable time.

On that note, I also wanted to add that seemingly Murray's biggest problem with me was a lack of respect. Well consider this: respect goes in both directions. Based on how often he responded to my emails (sometimes going for a period of months without answering any of the many emails I had sent to him), not to mention how quickly and easily he looks to find fault with me, it was very clear to me from early on that I had never really held Murray's respect. After coming to this realization, he naturally began to lose the respect that I had once held for him. Don't get me wrong. I once thought very highly of Murray Gold, as a person and a musician. Lately, however (and especially after these events), I hold him in very low regard. To phrase it delicately, I find him to be disrespectful, immature, insecure, and arrogant.

Murray has frequently said, both directly to me and to others in interviews, that he doesn't care what the fans think of him, and he never listens to anyone's comments about him or his work. If that is indeed the case, then perhaps someone could explain to me why he has hired a lackey who serves to scour the internet for him, using underhanded tactics to gather information about those very fans and their comments about him. And indeed, even with his lackey gathering reconnaissance for him and his own overwhelmingly busy schedule, he still sees the need to come to my site himself, posting under an alias and pretending to be someone who doesn't exist, reading and looking for all the things that people say about him, just waiting for an opportunity to pounce. That's not exactly the kind of behavior I would expect from someone who supposedly doesn't care about the opinions of fans.

---

I realize it ends suddenly, but it's 4:45 in the morning and I've already tried to think of a better way to end it and I just can't. Still, hopefully my thoughts and feelings have been made a bit clearer now.

EDIT: RV points out that it's silly to say that I'm not bothered by losing touch with Murray in the middle of an extremely long post on the subject. I don't think that's true, though. I'm not terribly bothered by not being able to talk to Murray anymore because I haven't lost very much. However I do feel that I was wronged by how Murray treated me, and I have the desire to get the word out so that I can explain myself and my actions and let others know what happened and how Murray has treated me.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; January 1, 2008 at 4:56 AM