DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > Creative Corner

Old February 1, 2008, 8:23 AM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

Sounds like Birmingham pronunciation to me.
Old February 1, 2008, 8:23 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Just don't try going through Birmingham on the M5 during rush hour.
Old February 5, 2008, 1:58 PM
tardis2008 (Offline)

And my computer works again.
I bought CoD 4 for the PS3 having been told it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Whilst i think its a OK game im not enjoying it as much as any of the Half-Life games even without long loading and slow down. As for Crysis my brother bored me to death on how great it is and how its better than anything on the PS3. Why all the hatred towards Sony?
Old February 5, 2008, 2:21 PM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

Because they won the last two console wars, so its only fair they loose this one.
Old February 5, 2008, 5:57 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Rat Souffle View Post
Because they won the last two console wars, so its only fair they loose this one.
And then there's the whole arrogance thing.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old February 5, 2008, 6:11 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Originally Posted by Recurring Villain View Post
And then there's the whole arrogance thing.
Quoted for truth. Sony, as has happened to other companies, has allowed their success to get to thier head, they have forgotten what made the original PS so great.
Old February 6, 2008, 9:03 AM
tardis2008 (Offline)

Originally Posted by Rat Souffle View Post
They wont lose.
Of late ive gained new love for my PS3 after playing Uncharted Drakes fortune and Half-Life (pc port but still..) and im stll hoping 2008 is Sonys year.
Old February 6, 2008, 9:05 AM
tardis2008 (Offline)

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Quoted for truth. Sony, as has happened to other companies, has allowed their success to get to thier head, they have forgotten what made the original PS so great.
Spyro the dragon and Tomb raider
Old February 6, 2008, 11:07 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Originally Posted by tardis2008 View Post
Spyro the dragon and Tomb raider
two examples. Spyro gradually went downhill after Spyro 2 and Tomb Raider has never recovered from that farce that was Angel of Darkness, and I managed to finished that game after much annoyance. Tomb Raider is still good, just not great anymore.
Old February 6, 2008, 4:16 PM
biggus dickus

They wont lose.
If they don't, then Microsoft and Nintendo will likely follow their example, and when they do, we can all pretty much give up on gaming then and there.

Of late ive gained new love for my PS3 after playing Uncharted Drakes fortune and Half-Life (pc port but still..) and im stll hoping 2008 is Sonys year.
A Tomb Raider clone and a game that never should have been put on consoles anyway?

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old February 6, 2008, 8:06 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

2008 probably won't be Sony's year, the PS4 will probably be the last chance to get back on top.
Old February 7, 2008, 3:59 PM
tardis2008 (Offline)

Why shouldnt it have been put on the consoles ? granted the PS3 version is poor.
And Drakes fortune is a brilliant game. Its better than Tomb Raider by miles that series went defunked after number 3. Not played the newer version mind.
Old February 7, 2008, 11:58 PM
biggus dickus

Why shouldnt it have been put on the consoles ? granted the PS3 version is poor.
From Gabe Newell;

The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a "do over". Just say, "This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it". The happy story is the Wii. I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360.

Old February 8, 2008, 3:20 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

From Gabe Newell;
It's so true as well.
Old February 8, 2008, 3:53 AM
tardis2008 (Offline)

The PS3 is not that bad. Its had a bad start due to the stupid amount it cost and developers struggling to port games to it. Sony has since given better instruction in how to do so and lowered the price. Plus it has free internet access(in no way as good as xbox live at the moment) and a Blue-ray player and as Blue-ray now has 75% of the HD market that should help it greatly.Its getting unfair stick. And so far no red ring of death! unlike Mr xbox360. That said i still get more enjoyment out of the Wii despite being beyond poor on it.
Old February 8, 2008, 4:20 AM
biggus dickus

Sony has since given better instruction in how to do so and lowered the price.
...so?

Plus it has ... a Blue-ray player and as Blue-ray now has 75% of the HD market.
And Microsoft can just create a Bluray addon drive for the 360 like they did for HDDVD. The best part is, though, that if I don't give a **** about HD movies, then I don't have to pay a premium for something I'm never going to use. The ability to choose which things I want to pay for (I don't use WiFi, I don't watch HD movies), means I can use the 360 exactly how I want to; not how Sony/Microsoft would have me use it.

Its getting unfair stick.
Have you been living in a cave? Ken Katuragi and Co. hyped the PS3 like it was the second coming of the NES, and all it turned out to be was a vehicle for Sony to push their HD format so they could help restore their slowly collapsing electronics business.

And so far no red ring of death! unlike Mr xbox360.
My 360 is working fine. As is Chris's, Ben's and Ross's as far as I know. The PS2 had a massive failure rate as well, and it was a huge success.

That said i still get more enjoyment out of the Wii despite being beyond poor on it.
You really should get a 360 to round out your collection. I guarantee that you wont touch your PS3 until MGS4 comes out if you did.

Especially if you got Mass Effect

Old February 8, 2008, 10:21 AM
tardis2008 (Offline)

You seem to know your stuff so il not argue further. Apart from red ring of death ive no probs whatsever with the Xbox360. Its from what ive played got great games and Mass Effect looked fun and Halo 3 is fantastic and when im home I spend most of my time playing it online on my brothers Xbox. But ive got a PS3 so i might as well enjoy it but i care not for MGS4 its God of war 3 all the way for me. Plus sadly Ive no room or indeed the cash for a Xbox360 what with a Wii, PS3 and internet cables everywhere. My room is one giant health hazard.
Old February 8, 2008, 12:50 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

And Microsoft can just create a Bluray addon drive for the 360 like they did for HDDVD.
Wrong. Microsoft's in bed with the HD-DVD camp. They oppose the Blu-ray revolution.
Old February 8, 2008, 9:12 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Wrong. Microsoft's in bed with the HD-DVD camp. They oppose the Blu-ray revolution.
Can't say I blame them personally. I have noticed no difference between Blu-ray and DVD asides from the fact blu-ray can hold more data. Prove me wrong but in all fairness I am quite content with DVD format, HD being a lovely bonus.
Old February 8, 2008, 9:36 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Can't say I blame them personally. I have noticed no difference between Blu-ray and DVD asides from the fact blu-ray can hold more data.
How much more data? That seems like an attractive part...