DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > General Chat

Old October 15, 2007, 3:01 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Are you implying that Microsoft is ment to be inspired ( and poorly ripped off! ) from Apple?
Old October 15, 2007, 3:34 AM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Are you implying that Microsoft is ment to be inspired ( and poorly ripped off! ) from Apple?
No, but consider this an implication that I'm beginning to find you increasingly irritating.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old October 15, 2007, 4:33 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Seriously? Or joking wise Im confused as i don't wish to be irritating.
Old October 15, 2007, 6:48 AM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Seriously? Or joking wise Im confused as i don't wish to be irritating.
If you don't wish to be irritating, then I here is a list of 4 simple rules you must follow to avoid pissing me off:
  1. Before you use an emoticon, you will write at least two sentences or fifteen words.
  2. You will only use a single emoticon per person you reply to and or address and no more than one emoticon per paragraph (paragraph being defined as 4 or more medium length sentences.)
  3. If you used the total of three emoticons in a single post, the next post must contain no emoticons. Use them wisely.
  4. You will spend no less than sixty seconds checking that your post contains:
    *Relevant content.
    *Jokes that are amusing, not stupid. If a joke is stupid, dont use one at all.
    *Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.

If the post does not contain one or more of the above and is pointless without that which you have included, do not post at all.
Follow these rules, and I wont have to reach through the internet and break your kneecaps.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old October 15, 2007, 9:12 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Then to use an Anglo-Saxon term. Damm! >.<
Old October 21, 2007, 3:15 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

The Master's fake name should have totally been Anglo Saxon instead of Harold Saxon.

I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they have any iMacs on display, I wanna see them in person and maybe play with one. I don't have an Apple store near me so that's the next best thing...
(Well, I also have an Office Max but I doubt they have them.)
Old October 21, 2007, 4:03 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they have any iMacs on display, I wanna see them in person and maybe play with one. I don't have an Apple store near me so that's the next best thing...
(Well, I also have an Office Max but I doubt they have them.)
Historically, Best Buy does not sell or display Apple computers. I believe they have only just recently started selling Apple consumer products (like iPods) but I would not gamble on seeing any iMacs there. Your best bet would be to find an Apple Authorized Reseller in your area (not an Apple Store).

You can find resellers near you on Apple's web site here: http://www.apple.com/buy/

Just enter your zip code in the third box, labeled "Find a Reseller."
Old October 21, 2007, 4:42 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

I did the search and it shows a Best Buy... it even has a dot next to it under "mac". I think they'll have it.
Old October 21, 2007, 5:01 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I did the search and it shows a Best Buy... it even has a dot next to it under "mac". I think they'll have it.
Hmm. Last I heard no Best Buys offered Macs. Perhaps that's changing now that Macs are more entering the mainstream.

That said, I still recommend an Apple-geared reseller. They're more fun than Best Buys anyway.

EDIT: I just checked myself, and no Best Buys in my area have the dot under "Mac."
Old October 21, 2007, 5:13 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

When I specifically told it to search for stores with macs, it came up with two best buys.

I'm gonna go with that cause my dad knows where it is already and we might pick up a movie while we're there.
Old October 21, 2007, 5:14 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

When I specifically told it to search for stores with macs, it came up with two best buys.

I'm gonna go with that cause my dad knows where it is already and we might pick up a movie while we're there.
Fair enough.
Old October 22, 2007, 4:09 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Perhaps one day when macs are much more widley used then Windows the DS.com store could start selling them?
Old October 22, 2007, 4:29 AM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

If they started selling them now, I would absolutely definitely buy one RIGHT NOW, and not worry about all of the financial difficulties it would cause.
Old October 22, 2007, 8:01 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Same here! DS.com, the retailer and forum you can trust If Macs could be sold here. I know i would buy one.
Old October 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Okay, I'll go out and buy Macs for everyone then.
Old October 22, 2007, 1:32 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Right when I walked in Best Buy I saw a sign about the "new Apple store". I looked over and saw the part with the glowing Apple logo, I knew right away where to look.

They were awesome in person. I was really impressed with the 24" too... I'll need to put some thought into that...
Infact, my dad was impressed with it too. He told me that one day I'll "move up again" and he'll get the computer I had at that moment.
Oh, and he also made sure I didn't try to have sex with them.
I played around with it a bit, brought up Safari(sadly it was not connected to the internet), brought up a few more things but didn't really do much except start to get used to the Mighty Mouse.

Now I really can't wait to have one I can call mine, my own, my preeeciiiooousss...
Old October 22, 2007, 1:39 PM
Dalek104 (Offline)

They were awesome in person. I was really impressed with the 24" too... I'll need to put some thought into that...
Infact, my dad was impressed with it too. He told me that one day I'll "move up again" and he'll get the computer I had at that moment.
Oh, and he also made sure I didn't try to have sex with them.
I played around with it a bit, brought up Safari(sadly it was not connected to the internet), brought up a few more things but didn't really do much except start to get used to the Mighty Mouse.
Old October 22, 2007, 7:29 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Well, now I am officially indecisive about whether I want the 20" or the 24". If my mom gets accepted at this new job that pays a BUNCH more money(and closer to home too!) before December then I'll go for it.

Either way I'm getting 2gb of ram in it. Which brings me to another question: How is the online Apple store as far as shipping is concerned? I'm pretty sure I can't get the extra ram put in at Best Buy.
Old October 23, 2007, 3:29 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Well i can't see issues about ordering in mate. regardless of distance. as far as I know they go anywhere.

EDIT: I just did a google search, they have stores for the US and the UK, so just select the US one and then i think you will be fine, it seems it covers the whole of the USA (obviously!)

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...cts/AppleStore

there is also a little thing at the bottom to track your orders, so you can keep your eye on tihngs easily.
Old October 23, 2007, 4:00 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Well, now I am officially indecisive about whether I want the 20" or the 24".
I understand where you're coming from. I saw the new 24" iMac in person when I got my MacBook Pro at a local Mac store. It is awe-inspiring, to say the least. Almost made me reconsider where my money was going.

Either way I'm getting 2gb of ram in it. Which brings me to another question: How is the online Apple store as far as shipping is concerned? I'm pretty sure I can't get the extra ram put in at Best Buy.
The Apple Store is great. Service is good and shipping is cheap (usually free for computers). However I would strongly advise you NOT to purchase additional RAM with your computer from the Apple Store online. They charge a lot of money for RAM -- way more than they need to. For example, if I had ordered a MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM instead of 2 GB, they would have charged me an additional $750. I can buy 4 GB of RAM myself for only $230. You are much better off buying RAM and installing it yourself as it will save you a lot of money. RAM is supposed to be pretty easy to install in the new iMacs, so you should probably try it yourself. If you really can't do it, any Apple Authorized Reseller in your area will be able to help. Probably even Best Buy, although I'm not totally sure.

EDIT: Take a look here: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iMa..._UserGuide.pdf

Refer to Chapter 3: Boost Your Memory.