2/5 - Below Average 0 0%
1/5 - Poor 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 11:24 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Doctor Who 1x09 - "The Empty Child"

This thread is for discussion of last night's terrifying addition to the new Doctor Who series, "The Empty Child."

Synopsis forthcoming.

I thought the episode was absolutely chilling at points, well done to the writer, Steven Moffat. I actually quite enjoyed it, and I'm glad they moved the trailer for next week's to the end of the episode -- those kind of kill the suspense of the cliffhanger. Well done to all involved!
Old May 22, 2005, 12:48 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Yeah it was a good episode. Better than last week's and the week before anyway. I loved the era, the story, and thought that it was actually quite scary. Those gas masks in the dark were very freeky. Im glad it was shown.

Old May 22, 2005, 12:50 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Absolutley fantastic! This was one of the best episodes my far and i loved the twists and turns. I was scared at the end of it and i am now in suspense over the ending of this plot. I loved it. Rose hanging from a Barrage balloon. That guy from the future. The Child with the mask. And my favorite bit had to be in the Hospital. When the Doctors are talking and Dr Constantine bcomes one of the mutants. That scared me and chilled my spine. and his transformation is a credit to the special effects. I was really convinced by everything and i was on the edge of my bed all the time. This is a credit to the writer and they have really struck gold. I look forward to the final part. I absolutley loved this episode.

Last edited by Chris Britton; May 22, 2005 at 12:53 PM
Old May 22, 2005, 1:56 PM
Bajoran Rogue (Offline)

It was good, a sense of mystery ran through it. Throught it I was wondering what is going on, and some things are still unreavealed.
Some good humour in it as well, though I would have thought the Doctor would have at least found out when they were before going out the TARDIS.
The victims all had the same injuries and the same shape of scar, but they also had on the same style of gas mask. I wonder, was the empty child wearing it at the time he got the illness, and did he have it sort of fused to his skin as a result of how he was exposed to the illness? Hope that gets reaveled next week.
Old May 22, 2005, 1:58 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I agree there.
Old May 22, 2005, 3:39 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Yes, I agree as well. Very suspenseful and extremely enjoyable all round. I knew this one was going to be one of the darker ones, and the spookiness made me enjoy it just that much more.
Old May 22, 2005, 4:29 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

yes, the darker theme has done it really good. it was absolutley fantastic.
Old May 24, 2005, 9:44 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Very glad you enjoyed it, Chris. I think the first half of the season was going to be the lighter half, and the second half was going to have a darker feel. I say bring it on! Anyway, I showed the episode to my dad last night and he said he had chills running down his spine a lot during it. And he's hard to scare! So I say bring on part two, and then the last three episodes of the season! I can't wait!
Old May 24, 2005, 10:51 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I agree there Danny. I can't wait either. it will be co cool.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:16 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

It certainly will. I love the new Doctor Who.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:22 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Good. I am glad to see it. let us hope this carries on.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:24 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

No reason why it shouldn't.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:49 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Have you recieved anymore information on whether or not the Daleks will be in the Season finale yet?

Old May 24, 2005, 11:53 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

No, This is news to me, what have you heard Ross?
Old May 24, 2005, 1:52 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I know very little about the season finale and I intend to keep it that way. Spoilers are permitted on this site through the latest episode only. Please do not discuss any confirmed information for episodes beyond the most recently aired one. I have heard, however, that it is possible the Daleks may return later in the season. Speculation is welcome, but please keep confirmed spoilers away!

Thanks everyone.
Old May 25, 2005, 12:46 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Im asking you for the confirmed spoilers Danny, I dont have access to any and I dont want any, except in this particular instance. Oh and Chris ive only heard what Danny has told me, and that it is possible the Daleks will be in the finale.

Last edited by Ross Hendrie; May 25, 2005 at 12:48 PM
Old May 25, 2005, 6:15 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Alright, look, I'm virtually certain the Daleks will be back. Beyond that, you have to realize that by asking me for confirmed spoilers you're asking me to expose myself to information I don't want to have! If you want spoilers, go out and find them yourself. But be warned, once you find one spoiler, chances are you won't be able to avoid accidentally reading more than just that one. And you also will not be able to post them on here.

Last edited by Danny Stewart; May 25, 2005 at 6:26 PM
Old May 26, 2005, 11:04 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

What! These are outrageous claims. It was you who told me that the Daleks were in the finale, im simply following up by asking if you know anything more.

Old May 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

I never said anything for sure. I just heard some whisperings around the internet and repeated them here. I'm not sure of anything and I don't know anything more than that and I don't want to know anything more than that.
Old May 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Guys, relax. If Danny does not want to find out for certain, then he has that right. The claims are not outrageous. But it is up to Ross if he wants to read them. I would just let him. And if anyone wants to fnd out and spoilers, then we can PM him. It is not worht fighting about. What Danny has said is not a spoiler. As he is not certain. Papers do that all the time.

Last edited by Chris Britton; May 26, 2005 at 11:19 AM
Closed Thread