DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > Administrative Forums > News and Updates

Closed Thread

Old July 30, 2005, 7:21 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Star Trek: Tetryon RPG to close temporarily

It is with much sadness that I must make the announcement that I will be closing the Star Trek: Tetryon RPG temporarily. Activity has been very low over the past few months -- this cannot be denied. For this reason, I have made the decision that we will temporarily close down Tetryon. We will take this time to allow the people who are interested in saving the RPG (and hopefully this will be a lot of them) attempt to do so by reinvigorating the RPG with fresh ideas. You may look at this as a new beginning if you so desire. The people who are interested will help to come up with new ideas, new characters, new storylines, new plots, new twists, new everything. Once people have come up with a whole slew of new ideas for the Tetryon RPG, we will reopen it. Hopefully, this plan will work will and we will be able to go forward with renewed enthusiasm all around. If not, we may take a closer and harder look at the status of the Tetryon RPG and consider closing it down long-term, if not permanently.

All comments, thoughts, opposition, and other ideas should go in this thread. All suggestions for the improvement of the Tetryon RPG belong in the newly created Tetryon Revival forum in the Star Trek: Tetryon section.

Thank you.
Old July 30, 2005, 7:24 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Protest!

Here I am, looking forward to a new episode of Tetryon, and now I heard that it's going to be shut down! Indefinately too... I must protest this, shutting it down would be a terrible mistake, if we shut it down now then no-one is going to be interested in Tetryon at all. I would like to make a plea to all Tetryon members, we must oppose this shut down! Or else you'll never see Tetryon active again!

I dont see why we're doing this... the last two sims had got us posting regularly again for a while, it was only the delayed end to the second part that stopped us. If we start a new sim asap there will still be time to get us active again.

Old July 30, 2005, 10:48 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Ross! it is temporary. The site will not be closed forever, we are simply trying t get activty up. we want it to survive and you have been silly to act like this. , thinking we are ruining it. Read the post made by Danny and read it properly. We will only shut it down forever if nothing is being done to it. I am behnd Danny's choice on this and i will use the time to try and get the site up and running again. And we would appreciate your efforts. I will stand by Danny and help him work on it.

Ross, we had to shut down Xi fleet for the same reasons ad we had to work on it too, you made the choice on that and you want to do it, this is the same situation and i am amazed you have acted this way. I am sorry to getting angry at you on MSN but i want to be mates and i don't want people to leave the site. Danny would be upset by it as well.

Last edited by Chris Britton; July 30, 2005 at 11:21 AM
Old July 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
David Carter (Offline)

*Sings* Why cant we be friends? Why cant we be friends...

Come on guys, neither of you want to have this fighting over something that Danny has already made up his mind about. It will be best to just accept the temp. shut down and try to get more members and bring back old ones.

Good luck

Chief Of Operations
U.S.S. Tetryon
Old July 30, 2005, 12:19 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I am supporting and accepting Dann'ys idea, I am just amazed at what has happened.
Old July 30, 2005, 3:53 PM
Max Yittreas (Offline)

I agree with Danny, too. It's just to help Danny assess whether or not we have enough people WILLING to bring it back.

Fighter Command, Executive Officer, Red Leader and Special Services Liason Officer
U.S.S. Tetryon

Best One-Liner in Star Trek history:
"You son of a bitch."--Dr. Lucas
"Actually, mother was a chemist."--Dr. Soong

98% of the teenage population smokes or has smoked pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
Old July 30, 2005, 4:13 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I for one. will try my hardest to make sure Tetryon will return to service.
Old July 30, 2005, 7:43 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Thanks for your support, guys. I really think this could work well if everyone tries, so let's do what we can.
Old July 31, 2005, 12:49 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Let us all work together then.
Old July 31, 2005, 3:05 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Good. People, please start posting ideas in the Tetryon Revival forum.
Old July 31, 2005, 9:43 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Yes Danny
Old May 27, 2006, 11:04 PM
Jonathon Landon (Offline)

Long Temporary

Its been... almost 11 month since Tetryon was closed "temporarily". Now with graduation closing in, and now that i have nothing else to focus on. (Yay for no more college prep stuff) I think most of us can dedicate a bit more time to RPGing. I duno but i would like to get back into the action.
::is Rusty::

Just a thought

Chief Medical Officer
U.S.S. Tetryon

'I'm a realist/atheist/scientist/political activist/glass not only empty but stolen - kind of person"

98% of the teenagers have tried pot, put this in your profile if your just a pill-popper.

"Don't mess with me I will retaliate"
Old May 28, 2006, 2:59 AM
Daniel Gordon (Offline)
Researchologist

YAY...lets get a crackin
Old May 28, 2006, 10:47 AM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

WAIT a sec, Landon's back! YAY!

Me, Danny, Max, Chris and Bajoran Rogue were all discussing the Tetryon last night on MSN, a new sim should be starting soon once we have a plotline.

Old May 28, 2006, 5:13 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Funny, we were just talking about how it was unlikely Landon would return, and here he is! We're also talking about reviving Tetryon, so just hang tight and hopefully we'll get it off the ground soon!
Old May 29, 2006, 3:04 AM
Jonathon Landon (Offline)

you guy's confidence in me is overwhelming... But yeah. You eastcoast people and your MSN. lol

Chief Medical Officer
U.S.S. Tetryon

'I'm a realist/atheist/scientist/political activist/glass not only empty but stolen - kind of person"

98% of the teenagers have tried pot, put this in your profile if your just a pill-popper.

"Don't mess with me I will retaliate"
Old May 29, 2006, 3:42 AM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

Its good to have you back Landon. I was saying the other day that a lot of members have dissapeared, and and then you come back
Old May 29, 2006, 5:34 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Lets get back, maybe we should fill up each department withna CO, i know we need a Chief Engineer, a Chief of Ops, and a Chief of security and Tactical, Shall we fill those up and appoint a new 2nd officer? Rogue and Daniel could be given department head status, and one member could be promoted to Lieutenant Commander, stay as department head and assigned second officer.

Last edited by Chris Britton; May 29, 2006 at 9:57 AM
Old May 29, 2006, 10:10 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Jon, would you mind resizing your signature and location text so that it doesn't force a readjustment of the page? Thanks.

And we'll need to get to work on a roster, yes.
Old May 29, 2006, 1:03 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

I could do the roster, if you'd like.

Closed Thread