DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > Creative Corner

Old April 9, 2008, 2:17 PM
Jez (Offline)
Snizzel ma Wizzel

Latest Project

Dubbed version 0.2 but I quite like it as it is. Only one small error where one section increases in volume near the end but it's nothing major a second render won't fix. That will be done once my new rig is up and running.

Pulse of Orion - Battle Scene 1

This is a "remix" of the battle music in the first Final Fantasy game. Been listening to a lot of the series' music recently and decided that this one could translate quite well into trance. Brilliant feedback so far.

I guess what I wanted to do is try to imagine what this piece would sound like if it were to be produced again for a modern update (without the Black Mages style rock )

I used synths for all instruments. Unintentionally, I picked a rather retro-square based sound for the arping background, which on further listening, I feel really adds to the track! You first hear it at 1.09 and it does it's first solo at 1.14. The rest are simply custom, generic, saw-based sounds.

Very simple sequencing; the melodies just repeats over a few times before a fade out. I think the rather rapid BPM of 160 (which is very high for me!) helps keep it flowing though.

The song opens with a dark pad that I used to try and engage a slight feeling of danger before the (familiar if you know it) bass intro kicks in. From there, it builds up to the main melodies.

Enjoy.

He just kept talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt him it was really quite hypnotic.

*Officially the most likeable person since the last one*
Old April 9, 2008, 2:55 PM
James P. (Offline)
Uh oh!

Wow, I like it, I really like it! Grade: A+.

Keep up the good work,
James

Due to the fact all of you except Keff McCulloch, Danny Stewart, Recurring Villain, and a few others don't know how to be nice, I am leaving. The only reason I've stayed as long as I have is Danny's great mixes. As soon as I can, you will be reported to THE FBI.

Have a nice day,
James P. Quick
Old April 9, 2008, 4:51 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Impressive work, Jez. You've got some really nice synths in there. The drums are good and I agree about the square wave arpeggiator really adding to the overall feel of the track. Everything's mixed well and it just comes off sounding very professional. Very well done.
Old April 10, 2008, 1:42 AM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Hmm. Needs less echo and definitely needs improved drums. Oh, and make it sound less like a midi.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.