DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > General Chat

Old April 11, 2008, 6:24 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

The Human Time Lord

One day you find a massive crater in your yard. Astonishingly, nobody else seems to care that it's there. You decide to see what's up...

In the crater you find what appears to be a large tree... by whatever logic, you go down into the crater to find that the tree has a door in front of it. The door is hanging open. Nervously, you take a peek inside...

You've found a TARDIS. While the exterior seems alright, the interior seems to have taken quite a bit of damage. Suddenly, the lights turn on, and the control panel lights up.

You know full well that it's a TARDIS. Unlike the Doctor's, it has no entrances to any other rooms past the control panel. No owner can be found.

You walk inside.

Despite the damage, everything on the control panel seems to be working. It automatically pull up instructions, as if it wants you to read them.

Now here you make a choice:

1. You read the instructions and learn how to work it. You inform your family, perhaps get somebody to go with you, and go on the adventure of a lifetime.

2. You pull down the instructions and leave the TARDIS, not looking back. You won't use it because either you have too many responsibilities, you're afraid you might mess up time, or that you may BE KILL BY DALEKS.

What I would do:
I would go with option 2 for a while, then the temptation would build and I would switch to option 1. I'd re-disguise it as a Pepsi machine, set the control room desktop theme to a Planetarium.
Then I'm just left to decide where in the hell I'm going to go.

But what would YOU do?
Old April 11, 2008, 7:04 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Great write-up. I would definitely go with option 1. I may not even tell people I'd be gone, so as to avoid any RTD-like drama. I don't even think I'd leave the TARDIS once I'd found it. I'd just leave. I am so tired of this planet.
Old April 11, 2008, 7:14 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Any idea what you'd make it look like?

I'd hope it had internet access... I'd also be tempted to use it to go back to Earth and impersonate The Doctor himself. Mainly to tell RTD that if he actually writes any episodes there will be unforseen consequences. Like the universe tearing up under the sheer weight.

Also, I should've mentioned this before... this is a much more advanced and easy to use TARDIS than The Doctor's, but due to the damage it sustained it may occasionally screw up.
Old April 11, 2008, 7:21 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

This is a great idea. Keep doing this
Old April 11, 2008, 7:31 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Thing is, I actually got an idea that a young man discovering and salvaging a TARDIS in this way, and doing exactly this. However... this person is much less conservative about how much he changes the past and how much power he can extract from the TARDIS. I imagine him and The Doctor actually being opponents.
This person wants to change the universe, and knows within the TARDIS is the power to do it. (IE what Rose did), but knows it's dangerous. So he seeks power elsewhere.
The Doctor may tell him "You're just a human, don't do this to yourself!!" if he were to come into power, but he would reply
"Doctor... I am far more than just another human..."

Me and my overactive mind. I've imagined him as looking like me, though I certainly wouldn't do anything that he would do.
Old April 11, 2008, 7:34 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Any idea what you'd make it look like?

I'd hope it had internet access... I'd also be tempted to use it to go back to Earth and impersonate The Doctor himself. Mainly to tell RTD that if he actually writes any episodes there will be unforseen consequences. Like the universe tearing up under the sheer weight.
Screw the internet. Although I do like the idea of screwing with RTD. Also, Murray Gold.

Also, I should've mentioned this before... this is a much more advanced and easy to use TARDIS than The Doctor's, but due to the damage it sustained it may occasionally screw up.
Awesome. I like this idea.
Old April 11, 2008, 8:40 PM
James P. (Offline)
Uh oh!

I'd use the TARDIS to find the Doctor then go with him. Wether he likes it or not! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Due to the fact all of you except Keff McCulloch, Danny Stewart, Recurring Villain, and a few others don't know how to be nice, I am leaving. The only reason I've stayed as long as I have is Danny's great mixes. As soon as I can, you will be reported to THE FBI.

Have a nice day,
James P. Quick
Old April 11, 2008, 8:55 PM
Kody (Offline)
Admin

Interesting premise!

After spending a good few hours convincing myself it wasn't some elaborate prank, I'd probably start going over it from top to bottom, learning everything possible about the controls, systems, etc..

Change the interior to the classic white that Danny posted above, maybe switch it to the McGann style now and then as well, all those books and the comfy chairs + fireplace in a tardis = win. Well, wins 2nd place anyway for interior. The current one is nice, but lacks a certain.. feel? Homey, maybe? Heh, not sure.

As for outward appearance, bookcase. Well, for indoors anyway, otherwise I'd probably let the chameleon circuit do it's job and get a good laugh out of what it picked half the time.

First "job" would be going to visit many of my friends, just to surprise the hell out of them and then offer them a rather serious proposition of traveling with me, even for awhile, to break up their normal, boring routines and give them a chance to see the universe (myself included).

Though the threatening RTD idea above I greatly approve of.. to see the look on his face, stepping out of a tardis in his private office.

"What's the point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes?" - The Fourth Doctor
Old April 11, 2008, 9:14 PM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

I say do it, it would cheer us all up Plus allow people to let off some steam.
Old April 11, 2008, 9:27 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Glad that none of you would be scared of being KILL BY DALEKS.
Old April 11, 2008, 9:40 PM
Kody (Offline)
Admin

Being killed by Daleks is a risk I think I'd honestly run, in exchange for being able to use a time machine and see things I'd never otherwise get to see.

Plus, Daleks can be outsmarted! We should all be very prepared for all their tricks after watching/reading/listening to the show for so long.

"What's the point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes?" - The Fourth Doctor
Old April 11, 2008, 9:49 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

I'd take the first option; but I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd change history to suit me and, in a Masterly fashion, build my own little interstellar dictatorship.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old April 11, 2008, 10:50 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Larren View Post
After spending a good few hours convincing myself it wasn't some elaborate prank, I'd probably start going over it from top to bottom, learning everything possible about the controls, systems, etc..
Well said -- I would do the same.

Change the interior to the classic white that Danny posted above, maybe switch it to the McGann style now and then as well, all those books and the comfy chairs + fireplace in a tardis = win. Well, wins 2nd place anyway for interior. The current one is nice, but lacks a certain.. feel? Homey, maybe? Heh, not sure.
Very much agreed. I don't really like the new series TARDIS interior. I also don't like the idea the new series has brought about that TARDISes are grown instead of being built. That's entirely untrue. I loved the idea that the TARDIS was an incredibly sophisticated machine that often had a mind of its own, but it was just a highly evolved machine created by a race of technological geniuses. There is no organic component within the TARDIS beyond simply being so exceptionally built that it has cultivated a sort of intelligence of its own.

As for outward appearance, bookcase. Well, for indoors anyway, otherwise I'd probably let the chameleon circuit do it's job and get a good laugh out of what it picked half the time.
Sounds good to me.

First "job" would be going to visit many of my friends, just to surprise the hell out of them and then offer them a rather serious proposition of traveling with me, even for awhile, to break up their normal, boring routines and give them a chance to see the universe (myself included).
Me too. I feel like a lot of people I know could do with a kind of break like that.

Though the threatening RTD idea above I greatly approve of.. to see the look on his face, stepping out of a tardis in his private office.
Hahaha, me too.

Originally Posted by Recurring Villain View Post
I'd take the first option; but I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd change history to suit me and, in a Masterly fashion, build my own little interstellar dictatorship.
Win, sir.
Old April 11, 2008, 11:00 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

I'd also probably go and see what was up with that Jesus guy.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old April 12, 2008, 6:05 AM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

I'd go round for a bit and get the DS.com members a planet.
Old April 12, 2008, 6:53 AM
Chris Britton (Offline)
"My turn."

Originally Posted by Rat Souffle View Post
I'd go round for a bit and get the DS.com members a planet.
Just a Planet? I think we should all have a planet each!
Old April 12, 2008, 10:45 AM
Jamie Minty (Offline)
Why?? So?? Serious??

I think I'd consider 2 for an hour or 2 but then just go with 1 instead. I'd keep the blue box image but maybe change the inside to something more ... smooth!
Old April 12, 2008, 3:14 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Chris Britton View Post
Just a Planet? I think we should all have a planet each!
I like Rat Soufflé's original idea best. We can start a DS.com community on our own planet.
Old April 12, 2008, 3:23 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

It wouldn't last too long... I mean, we're pretty much mostly guys.
Old April 12, 2008, 3:28 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

It wouldn't last too long... I mean, we're pretty much mostly guys.
I know some people who, you know, aren't. I'll see if I can talk them into coming along.