DannyStewart.com Forums

Go Back   DannyStewart.com Forums > General Discussion > General Chat

View Poll Results: Has the forum gone overboard with Keff and Murray?
Yes, it has. 5 38.46%
No, it hasn't. 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 15, 2007, 3:37 PM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

Has the forum gone overboard with Keff and Murray?

Ronnie raised a good point earlier today; Is this forum being overrun with Keff and Murray references?

Discuss.
Old August 15, 2007, 3:39 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

No, it's a revolution, get used to it.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old August 15, 2007, 3:42 PM
Ronnie Rowlands (Offline)
Look who's back!

Yes, yes it is.
Old August 15, 2007, 3:46 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

But your view doesn't count.......................UNLESS you vote .
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old August 15, 2007, 3:48 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Yes, it is. Im getting sick of seeing the references everywhere.

Old August 15, 2007, 3:51 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

YES, FIGHT THE POWER...I'm not :p
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old August 15, 2007, 9:14 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Those of you who think it is have no sense of humor. I would like to point out that we have dedicated Keff and Murray forums, and we're pretty good about keeping stuff confined there. If you have a problem, simply avoid those forums, and let the rest of us have our fun.

Seriously, you people make me sick.
Old August 15, 2007, 9:50 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

It's not a revolution.

It's a Wii.

It's that epic.
Old August 16, 2007, 2:34 AM
Josef Kenny (Offline)
It's a social experiment.

So when do we get to play Super Keff Galaxy?

Oops. I included a reference to Keff in my post.
Old August 16, 2007, 4:38 AM
Look who's back!

yes well, it's okay for you musicians on here, the group who actually understand the in jokes and references, to a lot of us (i.e. Me, Ross, Jez, RV) we don't get them and just get sick of seeing every new thread about them. Even a Doctor Who episode thread has now spiralled into a mindless Murray and RTD discussion. There is no problem with the forum, but does EVERY new thread have to be in that forum?

Why can't somone start an interesting topic that we all understand and can add? Because at the moment, when I log in, I see less and less worth posting in. I'm not going to go about forming a revolution with Jez and Ross and whoever to get it to stop, if it gets worse, I'm not gonna complain, I'm just going to plain, STOP.

EDIT: Oh and Danny, as for the 'no sense of humour' remark, it is funny to you, who again, understand all the "Crash boom wallop" and the "Keffster strikes again" jokes. It's like me making jokes about a day out at a farm I spent with Jez and making countless jokes about it that no one could possibly understand. You're all gonna think, "eh? What the hell are you talking about?" Which is how some of us feel

Last edited by Ronnie Rowlands; August 16, 2007 at 4:41 AM
Old August 16, 2007, 5:53 AM
Dalek104 (Offline)

Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowlands View Post
yes well, it's okay for you musicians on here, the group who actually understand the in jokes and references, to a lot of us (i.e. Me, Ross, Jez, RV) we don't get them and just get sick of seeing every new thread about them.
You don't need to be a musician to understand the jokes.

Why can't somone start an interesting topic that we all understand and can add? Because at the moment, when I log in, I see less and less worth posting in. I'm not going to go about forming a revolution with Jez and Ross and whoever to get it to stop, if it gets worse, I'm not gonna complain, I'm just going to plain, STOP.
You're more than welcome to start an 'interesting' topic yourself.

EDIT: Oh and Danny, as for the 'no sense of humour' remark, it is funny to you, who again, understand all the "Crash boom wallop"...
It's 'bash boom wallop'.

... and the "Keffster strikes again" jokes. It's like me making jokes about a day out at a farm I spent with Jez and making countless jokes about it that no one could possibly understand. You're all gonna think, "eh? What the hell are you talking about?" Which is how some of us feel
It's simple. Murray likes bash boom wallop and Keff is sinister and apocalyptic.
Old August 16, 2007, 5:56 AM
Look who's back!

right, that explains a lot then
Old August 16, 2007, 8:45 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

It really is simple. No technical or musical understanding is required at all to get these jokes. Rat Souffle and James have both explained it admirably, but in case neither of them were able to make their points well enough, I will explain it again.

1. Murray Gold likes crazy bombastic orchestra madness, and he used the terms "clatter" and "bash boom wallop" in an interview. Funny.
2. Keff McCulloch is a failure at music and at life. Funny.

There. Consider yourself clued in. Now you too can join the fun.
Old August 16, 2007, 9:31 AM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Okay. I'm feeling slightly angry, and I'm not sure where to begin. The question this thread is asking is "Is this forum being overrun with Murray and Keff?" The choices are "Yes it is" and "No it isn't." Amazingly, the poll is currently tied at four for Yes and four for No.

But I've just checked, y'see, and three of the four people who voted "Yes" don't even have access to the Keff and Murray forums. Alexus, RV, and Ross all think there's too much Keff and Murray content here, but none of them can even see the entire dedicated forums we have just for Keff and Murray stuff. How the hell can you all be complaining about "too much Keff and Murray" when you can't even see 95% of the Keff and Murray threads that have been posted?!

I just did a search for all threads outside the Keff and Murray forums that contained references to either Keff or Murray. You know how many current, unlocked discussion threads came up? Three. Just to make you spoilsports happy I've even moved those threads into the Keff and Murray forums. I honestly cannot believe you people are complaining about going overboard with Keff and Murray content when there's been three threads (and even that is a liberal estimate) with discussion pertaining to either of them that any of you can actually see.

Ronnie is the only one here who actually has a right to complain, as he's been dealing with the real Keff and Murray forums the entire time (although even he cannot complain anymore as I have now taken away his access to those forums). As for the rest of you, you all piss me off almost literally to the point of making me ill. Go and ruin someone else's fun, please. Stop trampling on something that a few of us are enjoying that is so minor that even the word "pedantry" smacks of understatement.
Old August 16, 2007, 2:03 PM
Ben Dawson (Offline)
... Bazinga!

Erm, FIGHT THE POWER...that is all.
Smells Like Theme Spirit

Oh no, I know, a Keffy word, Murray, Murray, Murray, more ray, Murray, Murray, Murray, more ray, Murray, Murray, Murray, more ray, Murray, Murray, Murray...Crash Boom Wallop, Just a dollop, our Murray,Super Currey, there goes Keffy, is he lefty, super currey, our Murray, an orchestra, some bad synth skill, new millenium, and the 80's, Yay, Yay Yay.
=--=-=--=
|.|.|.|.|.\\>---◖
|●...●...●\\
|●...●....●\\
|●...●.....●\\
|●...●......●\\
DOC-TOR WHO?!?!
Old August 16, 2007, 3:21 PM
Ross Hendrie (Offline)
Now let's have some fun!

Strong words, Danny. We're being entirely civil and you're accusing us of inducing vomiting. That's entirely uncalled for.

FFS.

Old August 16, 2007, 3:39 PM
Superkid11 (Offline)
Bang.

Starting this topic over three topics outside the Keff and/or Murray forums is hardly civil.
Old August 16, 2007, 4:22 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ross Hendrie View Post
Strong words, Danny. We're being entirely civil and you're accusing us of inducing vomiting. That's entirely uncalled for.

FFS.
Yeah, well, I meant what I said. Ever heard of making a big deal out of nothing? You have absolutely no legitimate complaint here, so I resent you saying "oh, I'm sick of all this Keff and Murray crap." Honestly... three mentions?! Have you ever thrown your TV set out the window or otherwise destroyed it because of a repetitive commercial that's been on three times in one day? Come on. Find yourself a legitimate complaint and talk to me again if you expect me to take you seriously.

Originally Posted by Superkid11 View Post
Starting this topic over three topics outside the Keff and/or Murray forums is hardly civil.
Agreed. Thank you, sir.
Old August 16, 2007, 5:39 PM
Recurring Villain (Offline)
biggus dickus

Originally Posted by Danny Stewart View Post
Ronnie is the only one here who actually has a right to complain
Danny, darling, we all have to deal with giant, flashing ****ing signature images whether we have access to the Keff forum or not.

Not at all benevolent dictator and I don't need to sign my posts cause my name is up there at the top.
Old August 16, 2007, 5:56 PM
Danny Stewart (Offline)
Administrator

Originally Posted by Recurring Villain View Post
Danny, darling, we all have to deal with giant, flashing ****ing signature images whether we have access to the Keff forum or not.
No, you don't. Either grow a sense of humor, or turn them off.

Also, I feel the need to point out, if no one had complained about all this to begin with, the signature I now sport would never have been created.
Closed Thread